8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » FREE - B&H Filmosound 8302 Opitical/Magenetic 16MM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FREE - B&H Filmosound 8302 Opitical/Magenetic 16MM
Edward Jurich
Junior

- posted June 16, 2013 02:38 PM      Profile for Edward Jurich   Email Edward Jurich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked this up at a Goodwill about 15 years ago for $5.00. It's in good condition except there is some paint splash on the case but nothing bad. The lens however is missing, it'll need a B&H lens as none of my standard lenses fit. My intention was to completely take it apart and restore it including the vacuum tube amplifier. I have done this type of work on 16 and 35 equipment. Never found the time to work on it, the projector probably has not been run in 30+ years so I would not advise attempting to run it before it has been completely gone through. This is a project for someone capable of doing this work.
I am retired and getting ready to relocate to the Philippines. I'm getting rid of everything so it's free to whoever wants to come get it, I will not ship this, it's heavy and I don't want to deal with having to crate it up, no exceptions you have to come get it.
I live in Atchison Kansas, this is about 1 1/2 hours north of Kansas City. If nobody takes it it'll wind up in a landfill. If you come get the projector I also have a couple of pink features you can have, one is Peter Sellers 'There's A Girl In My Soup' and a western "These Thousand Hills'.

|  IP: Logged

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2013 04:54 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Edward,

how much time do I have to do this as I could arrange for a transporter to pick em up [Smile] ? Please lemme know and thanks for your comment on the NOS lamps, of which I have a few good ones in stock now and am good to go for a while [Wink] !!!

Best,
ET

Edward Jurich
Junior

- posted June 17, 2013 05:32 PM      Profile for Edward Jurich   Email Edward Jurich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no other interest so far. If you find a way to have it transproted let me know and I'll hold it. Using a bathroom scale the projector weighs about 38 pounds, the film probably another 22 pounds there-abouts. Be aware I have no boxes to pack this stuff in so whoever picks it up will have to pack it.
It would be a shame if nobody takes the projector, I used to run the optical only version years ago and they are work horses. The threading knob advances smoothly so everything should be mechanically good but needs to be cleaned and lubricated.
I'll need to be rid of everything by the end of August.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2013 07:10 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
End of August you say, good sir [Smile] ? Then I"m def your man, I will have it off your hands next month the latest, if not some time this month [Wink] ... Thanks once more and cannot wait ti keep you posted on when to expect the mover REAL SOON...

P.S: I am really interested in the movies, more than the projetor but will def get them both from you [Big Grin] !!!

Best,
ET

Edward Jurich
Junior

- posted June 18, 2013 06:57 PM      Profile for Edward Jurich   Email Edward Jurich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone in Kansas City is interested in restoring the projector and can drive up to get it so I'm letting it go. This is better for me than trying to coordinate with a trucking service and I've got a lot to do. Thanks.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2013 09:14 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Ed,

no worries, I totally understand and thanks for the courteous heads up n personal message as well, really means a lot to me, you sir are a good man [Big Grin] !!!

Best,
ET

Edward Jurich
Junior

- posted June 23, 2013 10:44 PM      Profile for Edward Jurich   Email Edward Jurich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Gerald Santana if you see this, the films did go with the projector. Could not figure out how to send you a private message.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2013 04:23 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read of several people who have taken, or threaten to take projectors to the dump if they don't find a buyer; there have even been suggestions that if you own a Bell & Howell 16mm and the worm gear goes you should dump it and buy another projector on Ebay. I would have thought that many of us would be into film preservation, as projectors are no longer being made I think it's important to keep these running as long as possible, not just for ourselves but for future generations. I have 2 bell & Howell's, one from 1947, still going strong, and there are many out there much older than mine and still working, also Kodak's from the 1920s. It's more than just watching a movie on a big screen to me, our local supermarket in the UK is selling TVs with a 50 inch screen (same as my screen) for about £450, and I believe it is Sony who have announced that they are bringing out a 90 inch screen.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 25, 2013 05:21 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
The TVs are getting bigger and the houses smaller.In some of
these modern dwellings,a regular size television, must seem like
IMAX.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 26, 2013 05:09 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Especially in the UK. The houses aren't that big to start off with. If I put my 60" TV in my relatives house there, it would take up a whole wall! But then....what's wrong with that? [Eek!]

PatD

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC