8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Looking for bell and howell projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for bell and howell projector
Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 08:18 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for a good reliable Bell and Howell 1500 or 2500 series projector. To trade or pay money or both

Anybody have any to sell at a reasonable price? I see them on eBay but not sure

If it does not have a bulb no problem

|  IP: Logged

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 12:44 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
B
If you buy from Flea Bay
You might end up with a
CRACKED worm gear
as i said i do have them on my web site per our email
Good luck
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 07:01 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
You have nice projectors on your site but to expensive for me. Looking for something less expensive

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 09:25 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

I have many Bell & Howell models that need a few repairs, some belt changes etc. You can have one for free but, you pay shipping. Send me PM if you want one.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2013 05:18 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Pm sent and email [Smile]

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2013 09:27 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kudo's to Richard!

I have purchased from Richard many times and he always has excellent quality stuff plus he goes out of his way to really help answer any questions you may have anytime and also after the sale.

As far as his prices being too high well you get what you pay for!
And no he didn't pay me to say this stuff about him.
I consider him an asset to this film forum and I will always continue to support him. [Smile]
Roger

Richard J Greenberg
Junior

- posted October 08, 2013 02:30 PM      Profile for Richard J Greenberg   Email Richard J Greenberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Bell and Howell projectors are great machines however the worm gear problem is the machines weak link and can make a machine unusable.The repair can be very expensive.A good alternative projector are the Graflex/Telex machines.They are rugged and reasonably priced compared to Eiki and Elmo units.They have an adjustable film gate,loud clear sound and lamps are readily available.The newer white case machines have solid state electronics.I have run these projectors and found them very reliable.

--------------------
Richard J. Greenberg

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 09, 2013 02:58 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too, can recommend a Graflex 16. I have the model 801. It's a single case model with two speakers in the detachable side cover. It has an excellent valve amplifier and uses a DLR or DKM 250 watt, 21.5 volt integral reflector lamp.

As Richard says, one very useful feature is a three position control which varies the gate pressure to ensure the print runs smoothly and quietly.

--------------------
Maurice

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2013 08:20 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a singer projector awhile back. It was nice slotload and the sound was good.Takes getting used to with the metal takeup belt.made noise when rewinding.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC