8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » brand new debrie grey model

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: brand new debrie grey model
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2013 05:31 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a number of brand new debries 20 to be exact never been run but old stock,complete with leads speaker and cases
untested all mint condition £200 each plus postage

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 04:46 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures might help David.
Was the 20 the 50's model me wonders?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 10:58 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do I assume that David has 20 projectors for sale, or have I misread?

--------------------
Maurice

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 06:34 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
laymens terms
I have for sale 20 brand new old stock 16mm debrie sound film projecters grey in colour .all ex condition complete with leads transformer and speaker and cases .will be taking some to blackpool untested but no reason why they should not work £200.00 each postage £35.00 uk rate only callers welcome where you can pick your own if you pick on up I will give you a sound film and take up spool to get you going

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 29, 2013 07:20 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great projectors, loved by the British Armed Forces, too heavy to be really portable, but were sturdy and all parts quickly interchangeable.
I have two grey models, one with 4000' arms. One projector has the marking "259 Signal Unit, Episkopi, Cyprus". Could it tell interesting stories?

--------------------
Maurice

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2013 09:41 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my dad was a big cine man his first projecter was a damson 540 which he used for a couple of years then he traded it in for a brand new black debrie 25 watt amplifier he bought it in his early teens. I remember my mother telling me she went mad about how much it cost.about 10 years before my father passed away he gave it to me he was 87 when he died .I still have it this day I run the odd film through it now and again and it still performs well and its in mint condition it sound great when you show a film with a lot of music in valve amp .only thing he replaced was the photo cell .we had film shows all through my school years ,he showed films every sat night for over 40 years I now own his collection of over 500 features and added it to mine making it close on a 1000 features

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 29, 2013 01:11 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Danson 540 was an odd projector being that it was left handed, perhaps its designer was also left-handed!
http://www.curzon.org.uk/content/public/curzoncollection/Danson.aspx

--------------------
Maurice

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2013 01:39 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re Maurice reply showing the damson 540 I have 4 of these for sale and comes with extension speaker £100.00 each

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2013 04:26 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is some film collection you have David.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 04, 2013 04:53 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like David my late father was also a real Cine enthusiast and still interested in it when in his mid 90's. The Danson was an interesting machine of which I have only ever seen one in the flesh although they do crop up for sale.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC