8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » WANTED steenbeck 16mm unit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED steenbeck 16mm unit
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2016 07:23 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I teach film production at the University of the West of England in Bristol. We use digital but I have been pushing for the inclusion of celluloid. Several of my students borrow my personal kit to shoot on super 8 and 16mm. Our new head of department wants to bring awareness across all strands of film making of the existence of FILM!!! We are trying to acquire a Steenbeck 4 or 6 plate etc (doesn't matter which)edit desk. It doesnt even need to work as it will form part of an established display within our new 'Lens Based Film Centre' at the Bower Campus in Bristol. Can you help? Can collect in a UWE van etc, this is a genuine request. Thank you. PS You can email me at UWE, just look for me, MARK BARTON, in the staff pages etc

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 12, 2016 12:34 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark
Try Mel Worsfold in Ealing. I sold him a 16mm Steenbeck a few years ago as he used to refurbish and sell them on. Not sure if he is still in business but it's worth a phone call.
http://www.kftv.com/country/uk/profile/mel-worsfold

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2016 12:56 PM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steenbeck are still in business and located in Holland. They may be able to help or provide contact details for dealers.
www.steenbeck.com

--------------------
Paul.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC