8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: 16mm or 8mm Rollers with Clamp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: 16mm or 8mm Rollers with Clamp
Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 03:19 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any spare 16mm or 8mm rollers with clamps designed to fit onto forward or rear spool arms for long play? Two would be ideal, but one will also help a lot.

|  IP: Logged

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 12:19 PM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use wittner's ones with my spondon long play unit
http://www.wittner-cinetec.com/katalog/07_vorfu/d_rollen.php

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 12:59 PM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bruno. I saw those earlier today, but how do you attach them to the spool arm? Does a hole need drilling (which I wouldn't want to do)? Sorry for my lack of knowledge - I'm only recently back in the game!

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 01:15 PM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you use a spondon longplay ?

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 02:17 PM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I've just bought an Eiki LPU, which I'm picking up next week.

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 02:55 PM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so you do not need this kind of roller.
You just need one on the forward arm. Eiki lpu was delivered with one that fits on the forward arm instead of the reel.
Here's a link to the genuine part :
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/EikiParts.htm
Scroll to the end of the page or direct access ctrl-f 980-13401
Van eck in the netherlands makes also an eiki longplay roller that can be attached on the forward arm see =>
https://winkel.van-eck.net/p-2a/PP-0032--filmprojector-onderdelen.html?_globalsearch=eiki
Hope it helps

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 03:25 PM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again, Bruno. Yes, I should have said in my first post that I know about the roller coming with the unit. I was just hoping to find a Super 8 solution that was less than Van-Eck's EU70. It seemed quite expensive so I hoped someone might have spares for sale on the forum. Maybe I'll have to stump up for the Van-Eck part.

How do you use the Wittner part? With a Spondon?

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 03:33 PM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes with the spondon and the van eck part with the eiki lpu when i use it with a super8 projector but no need of another roller than the van eck one.

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2017 03:49 PM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got it. You're lucky to have both units! Thanks again, Bruno, appreciate your feedback.

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2017 04:59 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very envious Martin! Enjoy your break-free features!

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2017 04:13 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin - great to hear you are on the road to long playing your features - I use the Van Eck clamp on rollers and they are top quality suitable for 16mm and Super 8.

Stuart - I will send you a PM in a minute I may be able to help with a long play solution for you to.

Kevin

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2017 05:53 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Kevin. Yes, the guy who was going to sell it to me, and then got cold feet, has now decided to sell it to me again!

I will PM you later...

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2017 01:21 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh intriguing Kev, have messaged you.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC