8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Sell Muray W rewinders (SOLD)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sell Muray W rewinders (SOLD)
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2017 05:45 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sell two rewinders type Muray "W".
I have not tested them with an editor viewer (so, them are "not tested" product), but they seem to work very well: the frictions works, and also the two rewinding speeds works (and also the "neutral" position).
With two 16mm gauge adpaters on arms.
I'll post photos, for now you can look at the model on the Graham page: http://www.pathefilm.uk/95gear/95gearaccess.htm
30 euro + shipping cost.
Thank you. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2017 02:25 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi
I will take those. How much is shipping please.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2017 10:48 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Terry, thank you, I'm going to the post office tomorrow morning, and I inform you.
For Weymouth, Dorset, England?
In the evening I also send you some photos.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2017 11:58 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Luigi
Weymouth, Dorset is correct. Look forward to the photos.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2017 04:29 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM for you! [Smile]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2017 02:12 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi
I cannot see much detail from the photo. It is very fuzzy (unclear) but they are the type I am looking for. Postage is very high but if they are working that is ok. Can I just ask - why have you not tested them?
Terry

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2017 10:16 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the evening I take better photos! [Smile]
I can test them by fixing them at a table, but right now I don't have a 16mm viewer, it's on loan.
I can trun the various speeds without passage in the viewer.
I update you!

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2017 11:36 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Luigi
You don't need a viewer to test the rewinders, just a film and a take-up reel. You set the film reel on the neutral position and then you can test both speeds on the take-up reel and change over to test the other rewinder.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2017 06:21 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everything seems OK. It's all smooth, the two speeds work with both winders. Even the frictions, the knob gets to be hard when turn.
As you can see from the video, the "neutral" position stop the rewinder that you are not using; very useful.
Only one: I remembered that by switching from one speed to the next, they would take a "tlak", instead no, they are "smooth", without block in position. Maybe I get mixed up with other rewinders, I don't know.
It seems they don't need oil. I never open them, the Muray have fragile mechanisms, but if you want I can open them.

If you have doubts because of the costs or other, don't worry, take them only if you're really convinced. [Smile]

I can get off at 25 euros, because are not tested with viewer and I don't remember the thing of move form speed to speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtW4BH68GU&feature=youtu.be

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2017 01:40 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They look great from the video Luigi. Thank you very much for that. Let me know the total please and how to pay. If it is by PayPal I will send it as a 'gift' so that there are no deductions.
Terry

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2017 07:56 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold to Terry! [Smile]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2018 09:02 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi
Got your message thank you but can't reply because your mail box is full [Smile]

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2018 01:44 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Terry, now is Ok.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC