8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » EIKI EX1500 XENON 16mm opt/mag for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EIKI EX1500 XENON 16mm opt/mag for sale
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2018 10:35 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an ex cinema Eiki EX1500 Xenon 16mm optical and magnetic sound pojector for sale. I rescued it from an old projection oom where it had languished for many years. New belts and a lube and it fired straight up. It hammerite paintwork is scruffy (does anyone know the paint code or colour shade???) Chrome parts have tarnish but still works, built in 1976. Comes with a copy of the instruction manual. I have not fully tested this projector so any inspection is welcome prior to buying. But sold as seen. Can send pictures to email addresses. Looking for £650 collection only as with the projector and power unit its a very heavy beast. Oh and i have the tall tubular stand that it was on when rescued (will need securing to the floor etc or modify stand feet for it. Thank you

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 07, 2018 11:14 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the 70s when I was working at the Classic Cinema, Taunton, Somerset, it was decided to turn the long-ago shut-down cinema restaurant into a mini cinema.
This Eiki was installed for use with 6000ft spools driven by a separate take-up motor.
Being also magnetic, we had uncensored Tatler foreign films with dubbed English tracks.
It's a great compact projector and never gave any trouble. But like all things, it eventually was retired and a 35mm Westar with Tower replaced it.
But I still have fond memories of it.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC