8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Happy Holidays to All 2004

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Holidays to All 2004
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2004 10:26 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to take a moment and wish everyone a happy holiday season. Your preferred religion not being an issue. That you are safe, warm, had a nice dinner, and happy with what you are doing or who you are with.

Honorable Mentions.......

To Brad...........THANK YOU for this wonderful forum!

Kefin F in the UK who tickles us with his Elmo tech talk

Steve Osbourne in OH......for his trust in me and continued support

Steve S north of Boston......for your trust

And all of the rest of you who continue to offer ideas on running movies at home!!!!!

Sincerely*,

CHIP GELMINI
CAPE COD USA

* I would have said "Cinecerely" but that's already taken [Razz]

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2004 10:50 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it hard to believe that NOBODY has replied to this! Have we been watching too many movies? LOL

Seasons Greetings to all

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2004 11:05 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Chip, I'll bite! [Wink]

I'd like to echo everything Chip has already said.

Have a great holiday season, watch loads of movies [on 8 of course [Smile] ] and stay safe and happy [Smile] .

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 17, 2004 08:23 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you've twisted my arm........Merry Christmas. [Wink]

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2004 03:56 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bah Humbug! If I could work my will, any idiot walking around with a Merry Christmas upon their lips should be buried alive with a stake of holly through their hearts. [Big Grin]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2004 09:51 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I already have this present, I've asked Santa to send you another prototype. She's blonde, 5 feet 5, and comes with missletoe. Even a GS1200 can't do that!

LMAO

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 18, 2004 12:14 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Chip,

This is a great forum and lets hope it's a happy 2005 on here.

Happy Xamas and new year to all the forums members.

Kev. [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2004 06:26 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,as a new kid on the forum (kid being thoroughly tongue in cheek )I would like to wish all forum members a very filmic Xmas and healthy New Year.Since my last post I am in the process of winding down on 16mm,in favour of 8mm and my video projector ouch!!!an early New Year resolution you might say,all the very best to everyone,Peter.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 19, 2004 11:00 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does the 'x' stand for in Xmas? Xavier? Xanadu? Xenon? Xbox? Buried treasure? Bacon & X? [Smile]

How about in politically correct terms; "Merry ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZmas" & "Happy New, Slightly Unused, Unexperiencedly Challenged, Potentially Old, For The First Time Year". [Razz]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2004 12:54 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, that should cover it [Wink]

Peter, don't worry about the video player, I think most of us on the forum are closet video projectionists on the side [Big Grin] .

Mike

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 19, 2004 02:46 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
No not yet Mike, how dare you suggest...... [Frown]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 19, 2004 04:06 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not me! No video projectors in the house or the closet. Wouldn't be enough throw anyway. [Eek!] [Wink] [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 19, 2004 04:39 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nor I, Mike. I have a large screen TV so I don't feel the need for VP. However, I just started buying 16mm.......

Doug

Did I mention Season's Greetings filled with Joy, Peace and Happiness?

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2004 07:03 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip

I hope your staying warm. Were (north east) getting some pretty cold weather. Chilllliiiinnnnnggggg!

I would also like to add a Happy holiday to everyone as well [Smile]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2004 08:26 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, create a message about holiday wishes, and see what other topics come up!

Alan Gouger, I mssed the chance to meet up with you. Week of October 17th or so I met up with Vincent Rensay at his shop in NYC. I think it was you who was over in the UK at the time. I remember meeting someone else there who was a film buff, though now I can't remember his name. Oh well better luck next time.

Happy Holidays to you, too.

CG

Carlos Augusto Marconi
Junior

- posted December 20, 2004 08:12 AM      Profile for Carlos Augusto Marconi   Email Carlos Augusto Marconi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Merry Xmas for all
Thanks for accept me as a member of this forum.
I am learning a lot with your posts.

As we say here in Brazil "Feliz Natal para Todos".

Marconi

--------------------
Marconi

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 20, 2004 12:06 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brazil? Well the cine family certainly is world-wide. Excellent. If only we had the internet 25 years ago [Big Grin]
Best wished to all and ive had my 3 x 400 Exorcist early, couldnt wait, hehe, i am a big kid and what an excellent copy, ive struck lucky for once. [Cool]
Keep on talking and keep on viewing in 2005. [Wink]

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2004 02:00 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy hols to all from the bottom of the world!
Upsidedown Trev [Eek!]

--------------------
Trevor

Anthony Massaro
Junior

- posted December 20, 2004 05:49 PM      Profile for Anthony Massaro   Author's Homepage   Email Anthony Massaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Chip:
The person you met at Rensay Photo in New York was me!
All the best to you and the other members of the forum, and as always - Happy Collecting. - Anthony

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2004 09:39 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings and Merry Christmas to all! I am a new poster to the "Forum" but have been collecting since about 1958--when I was a kid and was given a plastic Brumberger projector and 2 Castle "headline" editions (still have the projector)--the best Christmas gift I ever received. Now, 46 years later, I am still excited by "putting on a show"--I spent this evening selecting the stuff I will show to my returning family later this week --
a mix of Super 8 and 16mm Christmas classics. Hope all of you have a blessed and happy holiday.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2004 02:35 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anthony, Marconi and Chris, welcome [Smile] , it's always good to see new members pop up and three in one thread must be some sort of new record [Big Grin] .

Looking forward to reading your future postings.

happy Holidays

Mike

--------------------

Jean-Philippe Rolland
Junior

- posted December 22, 2004 08:37 AM      Profile for Jean-Philippe Rolland   Email Jean-Philippe Rolland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At my turn, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2005 full of personal and professional delights !

This a great forum with great people here !

Jean-Philippe

--------------------
Jean-Philippe

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2004 12:06 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ho ho ho, Merry christmas everyone!

Alan Gouger, that XG135LC you sold me a few years back is still chugging along like a champ, thanks again, she's worth every penny.

John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2004 11:08 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best for 1988. Have a good one.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC