8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Matinee

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Matinee
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 01, 2005 03:22 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody seen the movie "Matinee" starring John Goodman? I watched this last night, and what a superb movie it is, set in Key West during the Cuban missile crisis. Its main attraction is Lawrence Woolsey, played brilliantly by Goodman, who is a spoof of William Castle the 1950's B movie producer, who produced all those creature features, with gimmicks such as electrically wired theater seats (The Tingler), skeletons flying over the theater audience (House on Haunted Hill), and Life insurance requirements for patrons in case thay died of fright during these wonderfully corny movies! If you have'nt seen this movie, do try to get a VHS or DVD of it. You will not be disappointed- a wonderfully funny film which any 50's creature feature film buff will love. And to those of us who grew up during the height of the cold war, it remind us of how close we all came to destruction.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 01, 2005 08:56 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the one with Kellie Martin as a teenage girl? Funny, she's the first thing (er, person) I think of in that movie. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC