8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Anyone Recognize This Amp?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Recognize This Amp?
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 20, 2005 06:14 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have alot of vintage theater equipment. I think this is a mono tube amp that was used in a theater application. There are no identifying labels or names or numbers on it. No tube schematic either. It's missing one of the tubes. The three tubes left are: RCA 2A3; RCA 56; RCA CRC-83V; RCA 56. It has a very heavy trans former. This unit weighs around 20lbs. I have linked some pics below. Anyone know what make it is?

web page
web page
web page

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 20, 2005 07:10 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Not convinced I would want to power that up with or without the missing tube.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 20, 2005 07:51 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't power up this puppy! [Big Grin] Although, if the tubes were all there , the wiring and cicuitry don't look too bad. Just curious if anyone knows what is is. It's about 14 inches wide and 7 inches deep and the chasis is a couple of inches high. [Smile]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2005 07:58 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be 35mm projectors that had vitaphone sound record players. Call it a predecessor to DTS of today. But this was more like a vinyl record, and was directly under the carbon arc lamp house. I am not familiar with the details, but just looking at the 3rd picture, I'd say check with an old timer who might remember "Western Electric" sound equipment. Go way back to the days of balconies in theaters, and 20 minute reels.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 20, 2005 11:49 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I might have found it. The Holmes 1943 16mm Navy projector type 12 has three components: Projector, Amp, and Speaker, all as separate units. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC