8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Renaming picture files on a computer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Renaming picture files on a computer
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2005 06:08 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all.

Suppose I've shot quite a few pics and I have to rename them in a numerical order. Based on several different shoots; then a combined slide show with alittle of each session picked in.

Next, throw in that within each session, the file names are the same.

So when doing the slide show, the files must be renamed or they will be over written.

My question is....does anyone know of a program that would rename these images automatically, based on the starting file name that I give it? If I put in "DSC001.JPG" then the program would rename the rest in numerical order, up to say, 200 images?

On a side note, YES the digital camera could do this as the pictures are shot, but in my situation it is important to starting from the beginning with each different session therefore having the camera label in numerical order which is easily done.

I don't want to have a slide show, say 100 images, and have to rename each one, that is one at a time.

Chip G

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted May 01, 2005 07:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is called ACDsee and it's a great program for that as well as rotating your pics and other things too. There is a free trial download so you can see if you like it or not before you purchase (which is pretty fairly priced).

link

(I have given this thread a suitable name since the one you chose gave no clue as to the content.)

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC