8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » How Many Female Members?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Many Female Members?
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 26, 2005 10:29 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many female members belong to the forum? [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 27, 2005 04:25 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's Karleen (who just joined), and, uh.... I dunno who else [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 27, 2005 11:30 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to ask the same question a while ago. There must be more than one lady who like a good film and has a collection,

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 27, 2005 11:43 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet there are a lot of 8mm film makers who are gals. The number of 8mm enthusiasts could double if it were 50% men and 50% women. Then there would be at least tewnty of us. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I sold a Chinon to a lady a year ago who was new to the hobby, but I think she gave up because she though the 400' digests she was buying on Ebay were the full movie. [Frown]

I have a friend who wants to buy a projector and show films in her back yard. [Smile]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 28, 2005 10:36 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. There were a couple of girls looking for 8mm cameras at the BFCC. They wanted to get into serious small gauge filming and were looking at Nizo & Beaulieu cameras. At the next BFCC I think we should have the forum's web address on the prog leaflets.
Must ask KW about doing that.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 28, 2005 03:32 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a good idea, Kev. I could probably get my wife to join, but she may find out how much money I've spent on film and well..... you know the rest! [Eek!]

Honey, sweety pie, darling, if you're reading this, I'm only kidding. Now, can I have the keys back? [Big Grin]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 28, 2005 11:00 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now are those the car keys or the keys to your screening room [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 29, 2005 12:13 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The screening room! [Big Grin]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2005 03:45 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We put bfcc.biz on the programme. The forum is linked from there. Thinking about it, just about everything anyone needs to know about the hobby is either on that site or linked from it.

What we really need to do is ask anyone attending to leave their email address.

By the way, my wifey has her own collection of films and can work all the equipment. Quite a smart bird really. She even helps us set up the conventions. I just wish she hadn't bought such a bloody big sound system - it breaks my back lifting that THX sub!!!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 29, 2005 06:24 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
It must be your age [Big Grin]

Kev. [Wink]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2005 03:03 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheeky bugger!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted June 02, 2005 07:47 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I originated this post 6 days ago and no replies. Looks like our female members are busy or not talking. Garsh! [Roll Eyes]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 02, 2005 08:32 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or maybe they're all hanging out with the big boys, over in the 16mm area [Eek!]

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2005 09:32 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would believe that area would be the "Darkside."

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted June 02, 2005 11:58 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but, we have our own big boy 16mmforum now! [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC