8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Elmo GS1200 take up reel problem..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo GS1200 take up reel problem..
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 11, 2005 09:37 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys! Maybe its the summer so our GS1200's are acting finicky!
On my machine every time after watching a 400fter or more, I look at the film on the take up reel and it is very loose. So much that you could probably fit 2 dimes on its side in between the winds. It worries me because when I go to rewind the film since it isn't packed very tightly it might cause cinching and thus scratch the film. I think this problem is new. Any idea where I could start to look?
Thanks..

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 11, 2005 11:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,
Do you know what version of the GS you have? If you look at the front input guide, is the roller at the entrance black plastic or metal? Does this roller move up and down and control a microswitch.
This will tell me if this machine has the tension control circuit board or not.
Get back to me, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 12, 2005 12:36 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev,
I have the machine with the little metal roller that bobs up and down, not the little black plastic roller.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 13, 2005 06:38 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats one with the motor control board. Now there are two possibilites. 1, Someone has played with the motor control adjustment. 2, The take up motor is failing or has dirty brushes.

If you take off the back cover of your machine you will se a circuit board attached to the rewind motor. It has 3 adjustable pots on the board. The bottom one is for the reverse takeup with the roller moved up, the middle is for the reverse normal and the top is for the normal forward takeup. You should find these pots arround 10 - 2 o clock position or somewhere in between.
If that top one is at one end of its travel then try putting it back to about 12 o clock position and see it that sorts it.
Let me know what you find.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC