8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » True..winning is the most important in Ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: True..winning is the most important in Ebay
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 16, 2005 10:04 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am new to super 8mm and also to Ebay. It is true like many say in this forum that a lot of people in Ebay thought that WINNING is the most important then the value of the items.

This is for example, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41676&item=6404401142&rd=1
a Marketing release of Star Trek (3 x 400) was sold for US$177.50! while the same item is offered in the Independent 8mm's June list for GBP70 (eqv.US$130). Yes, that was sealed items but who knows that there could be something wrong inside. I prefer to buy 8mm film that the seller can assure the color is not faded.

Why people have to battle if we can get it peacefully? [Wink]

Just one word to say: Unbelievable!

[ June 16, 2005, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 16, 2005 07:53 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it is rare to come across a sealed, never-opened, never-run print like this. (Good luck with not getting a faded-pink film, though.) [Roll Eyes]

And besides... I doubt that very many eBayers interesting in buying film actually know about dealer lists like Independent 8mm, so they figure eBay is the only way they'll ever get prints like this one! (Their fault!) [Razz]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 16, 2005 11:02 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very true, Winbert. That figure doesn't include shipping either.

Jan- I believe the Star Trek three reelers have held their color extremely well. My print looks absolutely terrific.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 17, 2005 03:56 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that most of Marketing's later runs were all on thin base Kodak LPP which will be holding it's colour very well. Its only the earlier runs which have now turned a nice shade of pink. [Frown]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 17, 2005 07:45 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But the first Star Trek was so boring! I remember as a kid seeing Star Wars and its super pumped up dog fights and then seeing Star Trek and the "Vger" concept. Put me to sleep!
Ok...just had to get that out of my system.
Sorry. [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 17, 2005 11:24 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear, well me just say this, anyone who just wnts to win whatever then let them waste there money, i agree with Kevin on the Star trek film, the colour is probably fine so long as the film wasnt in loft for years however, this comes up on the lists all the time for around £40-£50. ive said it before and i'll say it again, there are a lot of sado's on e-bay, good luck to those who get the money and for those who spend over the odd's just for the win, get out more often you sad suckers. [Big Grin]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted June 17, 2005 01:27 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now Tom, be sweet and don't hog the ball! [Big Grin]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 17, 2005 02:27 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Wink]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 17, 2005 06:20 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL [Big Grin] The humor that goes around on this forum is second to none at times. Very fun. [Smile]

I didn't know Marketing Films used Kodak LPP stock for later prints so just assumed just about any of their titles was prone to fade - ahwell, learned something yet again.

I just wanna know one thing - how come whenever I sell something on eBay I don't nearly get that lucky to have someone throw their cash at me like that! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 18, 2005 11:03 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan check out my next link, i think im right, Hopefuly some one will come back on it. [Wink]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 18, 2005 02:04 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 18, 2005 04:15 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry chief, i meant my new subject posting [Big Grin]
Me thinks me needs bed and sleep [Embarrassed]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 18, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right.... Would you like hot milk and honey with that [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 22, 2005 10:43 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, i missed how much that film went for in the end, any one got any idea, or how about that Star Wars Extract that was up for multitudes of dosh. I do need to know, i need a laugh [Big Grin]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 22, 2005 09:13 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

in the very first post it says the Star Trek 3x400 print sold for $177.50 [Big Grin]

Shall I add coffee to that milk of yours instead of the honey [Wink]

EDIT: Oops, you said Star Wars. Your mistake or am I missing something here? [Eek!]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 23, 2005 12:52 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm off to see a shrink, jeepers i need it, [Embarrassed] [Confused]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC