8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Pollyanna and the Smallest Show on Earth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pollyanna and the Smallest Show on Earth
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2005 04:57 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Worthing Dome is closing for renovation having last been renovated in 1921. They are putting on a special programme to mark the occasion including a showing of an original print of the silent film Polyanna which was the first film to be shown at the Dome when it re-opened in 1921.

Anyone who is any where near the South Coast of the UK on the 23rd July might want to go along and see this Historic film being shown in an Historic Theatre in the same auditorium it was first shown in 84 years ago!

For more info click here; http://www.worthingdome.com/pollyanna.htm

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 02, 2005 10:56 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing! [Smile]

Just wondering: is it the same print, too? (I suppose not) [Big Grin] And the projector, is it the same one, too? [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2005 02:55 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, can't speak for the print but the projectors are either from 1937 or 1947, can't remember which now but here's a photo;

-

And take a look at the auditorium, unchanged since 1921;

-

Wonderful [Smile]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 02, 2005 06:06 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic, Mike, thanks for the pictures. [Smile] Now if only I could make it to the UK for the occasion (and a few others)... [Cool]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC