8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » help (with ebay refund)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help (with ebay refund)
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2005 12:47 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
someone listed an outboard motor on my ebay account luckily i stopped it and changed my password but now have a 40.00 listing fee on my hands does anybody know which link on ebay to use to get refunded? thanks

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 20, 2005 05:47 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Jim, try this. Go to your "My eBAy". In the lower left column select "Security & Resolution Center. In the category #1 box select "Report Problems With Other eBay Members". In the #2 box select "Problems with sellers". In box #3 select "The problem you're having with your seller isn't listed". Click continue and send an e-mail to customer support.

Hope this helps. [Smile]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 20, 2005 07:12 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What gets me is that they had your account info and were trying to SELL something using that info... instead of going on a buying spree. I mean... wouldn't any payments have gone to Jim? [Big Grin] Ahwell, just being silly I guess. I'm glad it didn't get worse than this, actually.

But still - who steals another user's identity to sell an outboard motor? *chuckles and giggles*

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2005 12:16 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for your help i chatted with an live advisor yesterday afternoon and got it all taken care of, yeah you would think they would go on a shopping spree,with all your info, but i had a 40.00 listing fee that got taken care of to, i think i know now what caused all this i got an email supposedly from ebay stating i was a silver member well i prodeeded with this tha tis how those jerks got my info, but thanks for all your help it is nice to know we fourm members all so close [Wink]

--------------------
jim schrader

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 21, 2005 12:59 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Jim, I'm glad you got it taken care of. So you used the "live chat" to resovle the problem. What's the ID of the person that used your account? Just curious. [Confused]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2005 04:17 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jim, sorry you got burnt by this "spoof". You have to be extremely careful with e-mails. I have received and reported at least 3 "spoof" e-mails supposedly from PayPal. They look like the real thing, but take you to an unsecured website. I'm glad you got it straightened out. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 21, 2005 06:49 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed... Never give out your ID and passwords in response to an email, because no serious company is going to ask for them via email, ever. Another trick to keep in mind is, if you have even the slightest doubt as to whether an email is genuine or not, and there is a link in the message, RIGHTCLICK that link and select "Copy" from the context menu. Now, if you paste what you just copied in, say, Notepad (or even in the browser's address bar, but be sure NOT to press ENTER if you do that), then you will see the actual http address, rather than the one shown in the email message. If the message is a scam, the link will be very much different. [Smile]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 21, 2005 07:20 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the e-mail part! Never mind the ID. [Roll Eyes] I get those every now and then and like Joe says, I just send them along to spoof@ebay.com, then I delete them from my system. [Wink]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 21, 2005 07:21 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I probably should do the same thing, but I don't even bother. MailWasher does all the work for me. [Smile] (Almost)

http://www.firetrust.com/ for those who are curious now...

--------------------

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2005 11:59 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never did find out who did this would be nice if they would tell you [Mad]

--------------------
jim schrader

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC