8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Marilyn Fans?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marilyn Fans?
Lucy Robertson
Junior

- posted August 03, 2005 06:42 PM      Profile for Lucy Robertson   Email Lucy Robertson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently got a copy of the film "Marilyn's Man" from a friend of mine that works at Universal. The film is suppose to be released on both DVD and in theaters sometime soon, although I don't know when. Viewing it as a fan of Marilyn I thought it was really good, and was curious to see if anyone had heard anything about it? What people generally think of it? I don't know if there are trailers for it on television, but I found some online for anyone interested to see what it's all about.

http://empiremusicwerks.com/wmv/MM_SPOT.wmv

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 03, 2005 10:33 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395202/

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 04, 2005 05:16 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is your print on 16mm? I haven't seen the movie, but would love to have some lowfade color features of Marilyn Monroe. [Smile]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 04, 2005 09:51 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was kind of assuming she got either a DVD or a tape of the movie... now if this were coming out in theatres, on DVD and on 16mm, I'd be very surprised... especially since it's a 2004 release. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 04, 2005 10:00 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She did say, "I just recently got a copy of the film "Marilyn's Man" from a friend of mine that works at Universal." Stranger things have happened. [Eek!]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 05, 2005 07:46 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Lucy, I notice that nobody gave you a welcome to the forum so on behalf of the members welcome aboard.
Hope you enjoy the wealth of info and help on here amongst the members. You should find it a helpful and friendly place to get answers (hopefully) to any cine questions etc.

Welcome, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 05, 2005 01:32 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, point taken. [Smile] Perhaps I'm being too skeptical [Wink]

And Lucy - welcome to the forum! It wasn't until Kevin mentioned something that I even realized you were new here, so sorry for not noticing! [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC