8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What is the consequence of succesfully selling high price item in Ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the consequence of succesfully selling high price item in Ebay
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 11, 2005 01:37 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finding a "silly" auction on Ebay (it was also in Ebay Oddities' threads) about someone selling US$8500 of 10 reels 8mm and SOLD, I wonder what is the consequences with Ebay for her "success"? Any money that she has to pay to Ebay, like commission? How much is that for her US$8500?.

I actually asked the lady what sort of movies she was selling. She proudly replied that they were very rare, i.e adult films!.

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 11, 2005 11:36 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, once again i find myself disbelieving that some sad twat would be dumb enough to pay that price for that. Good luck to the seller and may the buyer get what they deserve. [Mad]

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2005 01:04 PM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom
Such a choice use of terminology-Sad Twat really is a resounding final analysis.More please! [Cool]

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 12, 2005 12:29 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, I'm not sure if that was a P*** take [Big Grin] [Wink]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 12, 2005 07:03 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a "final value fee" which eBay charges you (the seller) in case your item sells, and it depends on the bid price, i.e. is a small percentage of it. Really, when the winning bid is low (say, $25-$50) that fee is rather inconsequential, around one buck or so... and, of course, if you make $8,500 selling a few items worth $8.50 then who cares, anyway!? [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2005 10:12 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Barry Johnson on this one. It also has to be one of the funniest threads in this forum. :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC