8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » For those who love cataloging their movie list

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For those who love cataloging their movie list
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 10, 2005 02:48 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been using this software for quite a long time and found it is very useful. It is a very friendly software and easy to use it. Please open in this site to get a trial version http://www.collectorz.com/movie/

With this software we don't need to type all actors or directors or even the resume. We just once need to type the title and the software will find from the most reliable site, such as imdb.com or amazon.com and download it from there what ever is important for our own database.

If we don't feel comfortable with contains from those sites, especially considering our specific hobby with 8mm, then we can adjust later on.

I have established my database for movie (they also have for music and book) until 400 entries within 1 month only.

They have also very supportive team if we face a problem. Forum and discussion site is also available to exchange the experience.

I think it is worth full to share this experience.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 10, 2005 11:27 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont so much catalouge rather than list. i use an Excel spreadsheet which contains all my films titles in alphabetical order. Then i have a column for the spool size (1 x 400 etc) the date the title was last cleaned, then 5 more boxes next to them with a viewed date. The last wider column on each row is a comments box, i.e. requires a clean, has damage, has scratching or fading. This way with nearly 300 titles i keep a log each time a film is viewed.
Its a simple spreadsheet with very important info and doesnt go into the uneccessary detail of whos in the film or who directed it, after all i bought them so i already know that. [Big Grin]

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2005 08:35 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant Winbert, takes no time to catalogue at all, great bit of software that actually works!

Thanks for the tip,
Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 17, 2005 09:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just patiently wait for the Mac version!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC