8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » How Much To Ship From UK To US?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Much To Ship From UK To US?
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 07, 2005 12:27 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much does it cost to ship six plastic 400' reels of super 8 film from Great Britain to the United States via Airmail? The total packaged weight would be 4 pounds 8 ounces. [Confused]

The shipping cost from the US to the UK would be $32.00. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 07, 2005 05:19 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

Believe me...it wouldn't be cheap. Even for local London to Londan to send those reels will cost you GBP 7.2!

Check for Domestic and International Shipping cost at Royal Mail Website here.

Your 4 pound, 8 ounce is unfortunatelly on the limit of the economy parcel which is for max 2 kg. Since yours is about 2.05 kgs before boxing than you will need to pay (I used the above site) GBP 29.35 or GBP 36.35 for faster one!!!.

If I was bidding on Ebay UK, the problem is always the shipping cost. It is frightening!!. No wonder the English Postmen are driving Rollsroyce [Wink] [Razz]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 07, 2005 07:11 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The answer to this is make two parcels under the 2Kg threshold which will then allow them to go by small packet air and will certainly be cheaper than most other methods as one package.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 07, 2005 11:11 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The six reels of film weigh 3 pounds. So, with packing the total weight calculated at 4 pounds. Any idea how much for Airmail from the UK.

Anyone know what Kevin's two package method would cost at a weight of 2 pounds each. [Smile]

I'm adding to this post. Winbert, I went to the Royal Mail website(thanks). 4 pounds is approximately 1.8 grams and calculated at cost 15.32($26.00) British Pounds to ship a small package to the US.

I've been finding shipping cost on some UK auction for shipping super 8 features to the US at around 39 British Pounds which converts to $68.00. I just calculated the actual cost of a 6 reeler at around 16 British pounds converting to $29.00. This is close to what it costs for me ship a super 8 feature from the US to the UK at $28.00.

Why are they charging so much! [Confused]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 07, 2005 02:48 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if i give you $28 would you come over to the UK for me to recieve a film. [Big Grin] (just jokin)

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 08, 2005 11:14 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!, Tom, that was really weird. [Big Grin] We might have crossed gene pool lines in our ancestry. Right now the only way I can visit the UK is through a night of film viewing. I have great 16mm films that show London. [Cool]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 08, 2005 01:50 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you watch them closly you could be anywhere in the world other than then England> [Big Grin]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 08, 2005 02:22 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, I feel more like I do now than I did before. [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC