8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What sort of auction is this on Ebay?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What sort of auction is this on Ebay?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 01, 2005 07:17 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what sort of auction is this. Please click this Ebay link

Then you click on "View seller's other items" and put "Acer Ferrari" as the keywords search.

The seller placing 11 auction for the same item. All auctions have had bidders. While when we click on one of his auction (all auction have the same descriptions) says that "I have 2 units in stock!". If he has 2 units only why he places 11 auctions??? [Confused]

Other thing is the bidders are kept secret...what kind of style is this?

Is this sort of tricky...why Ebay does allow it? But his feedback is above 1000 with good ratings???

Explanation please...

thanks,

[ December 01, 2005, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 01, 2005 10:25 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's a very fishy seller... he's just listing his same item(s) multiple times so people can't possibly miss them while browsing.... (note each listing shows up in the expensive highlighing/border/etc. way, too...) - in short, to increase visibility. And one big reason why someone would protect their bidders' identities (IMHO) would be to encourage shill bidding, either by friends and associates of the seller or by the seller himself setting up fake eBay accounts and bidding on his own auctions through them. Ohyeah, and telling people to "contact me if you're interested in my item" ... that's a clear violation of eBay policy right there. Sellers are not supposed to initiate off-eBay transactions.

As for why eBay "allows" this... 1. they're morons and 2. they rely on other eBay users to point them toward potentially illegal listings. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 02, 2005 07:41 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh...SCAM!...SCAM..

The seller's membership is cancelled!

I don't know why people with above 1000 feedbcaks and 98% ratings did kind of that trick!

Jan, it is true that Ebay is morons. I did reporting to Ebay live chat once I found this and the agent there answered me that everything was OK...until they finally cancelled!.

--------------------
Winbert

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 02, 2005 07:50 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There ya go... Another one gone, thank heavens, those mass listings sure were annoying! [Mad] As for his 1000+ feedback rating, I bet he gave most of those feedbacks to himself through the fake accounts I mentioned before. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC