8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Little Shop of Horrors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Little Shop of Horrors
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2005 02:46 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone has asked me if the print I have is the uncut full feature. Can anyone advise me on how I go about establishing this as I have no idea what the cut or uncut films would look like

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 11, 2005 07:53 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could time your print, see how long it plays... then look up the title on IMDB and refer to its length and compare the two. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 12, 2005 12:02 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IMDB clocks it at 94 minutes. Which is consistent with the 3x600ft spools (I have the film too). There was nothing offensive in the original film so I doubt it's been "edited for content" as some of the airline prints are.
Of course, this one features the reshot "happy" ending, not the original one that never made it to theaters (where the plants take over the world, as this is what happens in the stage musical).

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 13, 2005 11:30 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The uncut feature wont be on 8mm as the optical sound version is trimmed,(very lightly) for general audiences.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 13, 2005 08:26 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not arguing with Tom, but I had a print that a collector I know used to run in sync with the video release of LSOH, and in order to do so, he cut about 1.5 seconds out of the print (mostly at the start/end of reels) and added a small number of black frames.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 14, 2005 04:05 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
true chief, i had a copy of this film and i only belive a few words, (namely when the plant says tuf tity) were cut, very very minor. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC