8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Narnia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Narnia
Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2006 10:00 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc Toussaint wrote:

quote:
Saw Narnia yesterday.... It's very true to the book and very well made. A bit slow but so is the book. The creatures are great (particularly Aslan and the Beavers) and the final battle scene is quite enjoyable.

I finally had the opportunity to see the film Narnia, and it is very good. As Jean-Marc mentioned in an earlier thread, the Beavers and Aslan the Lion are very enjoyable. Regardless that all of the characters are not as charming, they are inevitably very well developed and executed, The tension that the wolves brought to the drama in the film, had me squirming in my seat against the natural beauty of the ice flows and melting streams.

Although I am not familiar with the books, I found the film paced slightly long. At 2 hours and twenty five minutes, I think they could have edited it to shorten the length of the feature, by ten minutes here and there. I'm probably thinking how this could have fit into a digest for home use? [Big Grin]

The historical aspect, which leads a massive retreat for children to safer havens during the W.W.II London Bombings, was an interesting method to frame the context of the film. It plays well for both children and adults, and it appears that if you look deeply into the story, their seems to be a mild biblical allegory which parallels the main plot.

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC