8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 8mm/16mm Forum World Tour......Now Boarding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm/16mm Forum World Tour......Now Boarding
Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 08, 2006 11:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An imaginary itinerary that should get me to every country we have a Forum member in. Shouldn't be too hard........

The first leg of the trip is a flight from New York cross the pond. After a quick visit with every film collector in the UK, it's time to head over and say "hei" to Knut in Norway. Onward to Sweden for lunch with Hans L., Stig, David S. and Johan. A quick jaunt over to Finland to meet Seppo and then a long stay in Germany allows me to have a few screenings with Andreas, Eberhard, Juergen, Ralf, Oemer, Josef and Heinz-Juergen. The Netherlands is up next to call on Hans and Pierre. In France I could ride a rollercoaster with Jean-Marc, and then look in on Antoine. While exploring Spain, I'd drop by las casas de Marc, Jorge, and Alejandro. After discussing "filme" with Antonio in Portugal, the next logical step would be a cruise to Italy to chat with Ugo, Maurizio, and Flavio. A quick snack with Heinrich in Austria and then I'm sailing off to Greece, land of Dimitrios, Yanis and George. Time to travel the mere 9528 miles (15334 km) to Australia to pop in on Bobby and Lachlan. I'm sure Trevor in New Zealand would point me in the right direction to Suva, capital of Fiji, and home to Winbert. Maybe then it's a long flight to Canada and Alex before heading back home.

My apologies to anyone I've left out. After I unpack I'll get down to planing the US part of the tour. If I start in Akron, Ohio.........

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 09, 2006 04:37 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice touch. Wonder how long that would take you. Maybe that's what we should have got Mike Peckham to do on his round the world trip! [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 09, 2006 09:10 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great, but don't forget to include stops at Derann, CHC, the film shop in Amsterdam and anywhere else with substantial stocks of Super 8 for sale! Better take a big empty suitcase too. [Wink]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2006 01:01 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have that "Michael Palin"itch,Douglas! [Smile]

--------------------
Trevor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC