8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » We Have Reached 555 Members

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We Have Reached 555 Members
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 14, 2006 11:36 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reality check! This forum has reached 555 great members and in my opinion is still the best on the web. I just want to say thanks to Brad, Kev and Doug. Oh, and thanks for understanding mine and Jan's weird sense o' humor. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 14, 2006 11:52 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! Can we get 111 more members and reach that next satanic milestone? Go 8mm go 8mm go!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 15, 2006 01:15 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dan from the 3 of us. Yes it does look like the 8mm forum is on the up where the figures are concerned and lets hope it continues.
Fortunately for Brad, Doug and myself it's a fairly easy job moderating this forum and I think that is down to the great members we have. So from us 3 I would also like to say thanks to all for making the 8mm forum a happy and interesting place for people to be.

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2006 11:09 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks to brad,doug and kevin for this excellent 8mm forum.lets hope for another 111 to reach that milestone.cheers and well done gentlemen.andy.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 17, 2006 11:14 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Satanic milestone? Woooooooo, far out dude. [Cool]

Cohen Phillips
Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2006 02:08 AM      Profile for Cohen Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Cohen Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the board for getting to 555! I say when we get to 888(mm) then we should really have a party! LOL [Smile]

--------------------
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/Hulk03/DCRbanner.jpg[/IMG]
http://blogtalkradio.com/DCR

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 29, 2006 06:42 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news, but with practically any board/forum, it always seems to be the case that you never seem to hear anything from well over half of the membership. If there are any 'non-posters' reading this, it would be great if you could say a quick 'hello' and reassure us that you are getting some benefit from your membership!

[ May 29, 2006, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 29, 2006 06:58 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Adrian, it would be nice to hear from some of the silent members and get a feel for the numbers that really do read the posts still even if they dont post.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2006 07:33 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
I am one of the more silent members but I do visit the forum every day and read all of the postings with great interest. I have particularly liked the screening room photos that members have posted. I am limited to a projector stand, a tripod screen and an extension speaker. [Frown]
Best wishes to all,
Paul.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 29, 2006 10:15 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Thank you for responding and I sincerely hope you'll post more often! Funny, I have the same projection set up!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2007 08:41 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we're up to 878 members now and it seems to be climbing on an almost daily basis...

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 29, 2007 10:43 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this might actually be hinting at some sort of Super 8mm rennasiance. Not only that, but it also makes more of a collection of people you can trade with.

Damn! Jan, I wish I had come up with that joke first! (666 members) and wouldn't that have been great on halloween?

That's funny to hear me say something like that, I'm a college degreed/pedigreed minister! (or, as they say in Jolly ole England, a Vicar!)

and hey, that's with a 166 IQ too! So I'm an EDUCATED VICAR!!

Fear me Boo Hoo hahahahaha!

(cough)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2007 05:30 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All,

Well, I guess I am a semi-silent member, but I do get a lot out of the forums as I do both Super-8 and 16mm.
I want to try doing a Super-8 review shortly, along with a description of what I hope to be a new 16mm setup for me.

Thank you to the "folks behind the scenes" for providing such a good and fun resource.

Best Regards,
Claus Harding.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2007 01:36 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes,i too have been quiet recently,but i do visit most days and always find things of interest. i met kev a couple of times a while ago when he sorted out some problems with my gs1200 and ive also met tom and mike at ealing a couple of yeare ago.

ive also gone overboard recently and ordered three brand new features from derann,on the interest free scheme,and intend to purchase more soon. i decided that i really ought to support derann and get some new films while they ara available,

thanks to all concerned for a great forum,which i really would hate to be without!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 03, 2007 08:30 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe now we can have a convention of our own, it'll happen, Shorty

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2007 04:00 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
893 now, not that I'm obsessed with numbers you understand, ( [Roll Eyes] )but that's almost one a day since the last count. That has to be a good thing doesn't it?

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all the latest arrivals. Be nice to hear from you too... [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 17, 2007 04:27 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like we'll hit the 1000 member milestone sometime around May. Maybe Derann or CHC could offer a short trailer as a prize! [Smile]
And whatever happened to Jan Bister - he was one of the forums most prolific posters?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2007 04:36 PM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm another silent member who really enjoys all the posts and appreciates the wealth of info from our super savvy members. Congrats to all, and keep up the great work. [Smile]

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2007 02:52 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
900 now [Smile]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2007 08:56 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to all new arrivals. It would be nice if the "newbies" and the "silent members" out there cast their votes for a new super 8 release on the Forum. As old Brucie F says "Points make prizes - good game,good game!!" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC