8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Where Is Jan Bister? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Where Is Jan Bister?
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 30, 2006 05:43 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Earth to Jan! Where is the power poster, Jan Bister? Friend to all and a pretty good person too. [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 30, 2006 07:05 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I was just thinking the exact same thing.

C'mon back Jan, we miss you here!

Hope all is well.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 30, 2006 08:27 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me Too!
To paraphrase a famous western:
" Jan, come back! Mama wan'ts you, I know she does, and Papa too, I heard him say so! Jan, COME BACK...."
Fade out, as Jan rides into the hills.
A Paramount Picture

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2006 08:25 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Errrrm, Shane?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2006 06:27 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still no Jan [Frown]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 09, 2006 10:18 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Jan, we give up! Where are you? [Smile]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 10, 2006 11:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have read that Jan's computer was on 24 hours (he never turn it off).

So something may happen to him.

I think Chip may know where he is.

--------------------
Winbert

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 11, 2006 12:55 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, I remember that too! He said it was on 24/7. I think I will PM him.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 14, 2006 02:47 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke with Jan and he is alive and well. He will being posting again soon. [Smile]

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2006 04:51 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good. Missed him. Thanks Dan.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 14, 2006 04:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Dan. I was worried that Jan's special ST-1600HD modified monster toppled over on him.......

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 14, 2006 04:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Dan! Jan's contributions to the forum have been greatly missed. I was beginning to think that he had been seduced by a video projector! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2006 05:08 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was more concerned that he had lost all his figers whilst on a fast rewind [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 14, 2006 05:51 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And once again Tony comes through with dark humor from the mother land. [Big Grin]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 01:06 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not heard from him privately in a long time. I spoke with Mrs. Bister and she said he was doing well. But that's all I know right now with exception to what's posted here.

Come on' back, Jan. We all miss you.

CG

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 02:56 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard he had a redish/pink tint and may have a mild case of "vinegar syndrome".

GET WELL SOON!

Nick.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2006 10:39 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reddish, Pink
is still viewable,
and the vinegar odor
can be aired out.

It's the Mold spots
that I was concerned about.
[Big Grin]
Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 26, 2006 10:33 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.... *laughs* You guys! Oh, this is fantastic, reading all the kind words and emotional outpourings... mixed with that twisted humor I love so much about this forum. [Big Grin]

Anyway - SURPRISE! I am alive... and that crazy, mad holiday season at my job is finally finally over. It's been really hard, not just work itself but also me being restless a lot and having a hard time sleeping which meant I was always tired during the day and couldn't even think straight after coming at home at night to even just come here and post a quick 'hello' ... I'll even admit that I also have a new addiction since late October, which is called Second Life ... for those who haven't heard of it, it's a massive online virtual 3D world where you can create an avatar that lives in this world and does all kinds of things... meet other avatars, work, earn virtual money, rent or buy a place to live or build your own house, socialize and have a nightlife, even go dancing... or open a business and create things and sell them. Amazing stuff. So I've been playing that a lot...

Of course the big question y'all are asking yourselves now is: Has Jan Bister abandoned super-8? No! But sadly I just can't invest the time (nor money) into it anymore that I have before... but by the end of this week when the long New Year's Eve weekend is upon us, I know I'll be firing up my ST-1600HD and watching Things To Come, which I've only been wanting to see ever since I bought it. LOL [Big Grin]

But I do think of the lot of you - in fact, hope everyone's had a great Christmas (I did) [Smile] and while it's not too late, I wish everyone the best for a happy New Year. [Smile] BTW, I did get the latest issues each of Super 8 Today and smallformat, and I swear they just get better each time! So much fun to read - I read with great interest the article about Derann's Disney deal which included a photo of Kevin F and reviews of 3 of his Disney favorites... I cannot deny a certain pride in being a member of the 8mm forum and having conversed with you "in person" Kevin [Wink] Great article... like just about all the others in both magazines. So, yes, my love for film is alive and well... it's just been on the back burner these past couple months. [Roll Eyes]

Well, I could say so much more, but this just for starters... thanks again for the nice words everybody and I promise I'll be more active around here again soon... starting next year. *grin* [Wink] And on the weekend I'll make time to browse everything that's been posted since October and catch up on replies...

Dan: I really enjoyed the surprise phone call, it was cool talking to you!

Chip: My apologies for not replying to your email, and THANK YOU for the Christmas present. Very nicely done, I love it [Cool] (Must admit I have yet to watch the VCD, though!) One of these days we'll catch up again in online chat - hope everything's well with you!

*bows and makes a graceful exit amid applause*

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 26, 2006 10:40 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan, nice to see you again here.
(I must be the first member to congratulate you!)

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 27, 2006 05:52 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The wascally wabbit has returned. [Big Grin]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 27, 2006 06:24 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for those comments about the article in Small Format but most of all it's great to see you back again [Smile]

So whats the next project from the mad scientist from across the world? [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 05, 2007 04:49 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
He's gone again!!! [Frown]

Jan I have sent you an email and PM which I need an answer to fairly quickly if poss.

Is there anyone who could contact Jan for me?

Thanks, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted January 11, 2007 09:46 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohdear, ohdear! I got around to it Kevin! But it took your making an overseas call to my answering machine first - shame on me! [Eek!]

Anyway, my next mad project? Well, for those who've paid attention to my mention of Second Life, I do have in mind building virtual replicas of my Elmo projector(s) and some other cinematic equipment in the game... and as Second Life allows you to watch Quicktime movies rendered in-game (on virtual TV/movie screens, no less), I can well see myself creating an entire virtual screening room, then linking Quicktime trailers (or such) of classic films and cartoons to it... Crazy, huh? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted January 11, 2007 10:46 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to welcome our new member, Jan Bister. [Razz]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 12, 2007 06:04 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a matter of fact, Jan is a secret member of the band Devo and he was touring for a few dates in Japan [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC