8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Munich to London courier

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Munich to London courier
Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2006 09:27 AM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About six months ago, I won a GS1200 Xenon on eBay. The seller was based in Munich and, based on the weight and potential for damage, refused to ship. I consequently got the projector for an extremely good price. The best laid plan was to get my German mate's cousin to collect it and store it in Munich until my girlfriend and I took a pleasant week-long drive down to Southern Germany as part of our summer holiday. Naturally events conspired against us and so my beautiful machine is still sitting there and all I can do is pine.
So, is there anybody out there who can either recommend a door to door road courier who would take great care, or knows someone intending to make the car trip from Munich to London before christmas? Obviously, if it were on a personal basis, there would be a handsome financial incentive!
Thanks, Sam

|  IP: Logged

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2006 10:05 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sam

here I have two links.

www.hlg.de
founded by the great german home order company "Otto Versand".
From 13,90 EUR up to 28.90 EUR. (maximum insured 500 EUR)
Attn.: Parcels to foreign countries have a maximum size. website only in german. Only shop to door service for foreign countries.

www.gls-germany.com
from 15.00 EUR to 24.50 EUR (maximum insured 500 EUR)

DHL (www.deutsche-post.de) is more expensive.
Door to door service, higher insurance possible.

Andreas

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2006 05:57 AM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andreas,
I'll make enquiries towards the end of the week. My fear of courier companies was heightened by the opening, very funny sequence of Ace Ventura - Pet Detective where Jim Carey, in the guise of a courier, collects a parcel and proceeds to shake, kick and bounce the item off every available surface. Of course that would never happen in real life!
Sam

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC