8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » New Member

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Member
Michael Hyde
Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2006 08:59 AM      Profile for Michael Hyde   Email Michael Hyde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to Everyone in and on the forum,and a very Happy New Year to each. I have been browsing this forum for years,just decided to jump in and join,nice to read all of your views and topics etc.A big hello to Gary Brocklehurst of Derann,and the rest of the staff there,i and many others owe them a lot,for their enthusiasm in the 8mm world,not forgetting our "father" the late Derek Simmonds, i owe him big time for his kindness and help over the years.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 31, 2006 09:43 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Michael, nice to see you here.
Best Mark.

Michael Hyde
Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2006 10:40 AM      Profile for Michael Hyde   Email Michael Hyde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marc, Nice to speak to you again,by the way,nice Elmo CL,and the cheque for the lens will be on its way in the week Regards Mike

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 31, 2006 12:24 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing!

A member who can drop by Derann and pick up a film whenever he feels like it!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 31, 2006 12:31 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we could do that Steve...we might all be in the poor house! I know I would!
Welcome Michael! This is a great group sharing information about our fabulous hobby.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 31, 2006 12:38 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you decided to join in on the fun!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2006 01:25 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Michael.
Nice to hear from someone from the "Black Country". I was born in Tipton and moved "North" in 1990. I too remember Derann in the halcyon days of the 80's. Jovial Derek and his "merry men". The hobby owes this great man more than it can ever repay.
Enjoy the forum.
Best regards.
Keith [Smile]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Michael Hyde
Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2006 03:07 PM      Profile for Michael Hyde   Email Michael Hyde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all for the welcome,by the way,picked up a copy of the 2006 Halliwells film and dvd guide today at a fantastic price of £5 yes a fiver at the local ASDA store...grab em while you can folks, beats the twenty odd pounds at WH Smith etc.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 31, 2006 10:49 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Michael. Ah yes, to be able to walk into a store and buy a new super 8. I am envious! [Smile]

Peter Richards
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2007 02:15 PM      Profile for Peter Richards   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Mr.Hyde to the forum.

Very cool name [Cool]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 02, 2007 03:14 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
welcome to the forum. [Smile]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2007 10:05 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Michael

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the kind comments!

See you soon?

Best

Gary

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 04, 2007 04:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Michael and please post your questions and have fun here, hope we all meet for a film-con in the US someday - Cheers, Shorty

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2007 01:13 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael,

May I just say welcome too! You don't have to be mad to be a member, - but it helps! [Big Grin]

ENJOY!!

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC