8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool The Ciff's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blackpool The Ciff's
David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2007 06:31 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surprised no mention on the Forum of the film event there, I have it down as tomorrow, hope I'm right.

--------------------
Regards,
David

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 03, 2007 10:15 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David. Well I will be going if only for my treat of Fish & Chips at Bispham around 1.30. Anyone want to meet for lunch and a chat?

The last March bash (nothing to do with the superb Derann November event by the way) was a wash out and with only a handful of stands. Most of the locals I know are not going so I am just treating it as a day out after working late tonight behind a video camera, and hope I find a film or two on Sunday at Blackers.

Plus me Fish & Chips!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 05, 2007 04:05 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I am going to have to eat my words here, or my hat. I went to the little film collector’s convention expecting it to be a bit of a poor event. Upon arrival people were already cuing or drinking tea. Upon entry I was surprised to find a good selection of films on 8mm and 16mm and counted around 10 12ft dealer tables which was good for a smaller event.

I myself bought a number of films including The Secret Partner on 16mm with Stewart Granger, a film I had been looking out for nearly 20 years. A number of super 8 films including 600ft Scope Raise the Titanic, several black & white Popeye cartoons, Universal 8 Abbott & Costello’s, The Cruel Sea feature with Jack Hawkins.

The cinema was small but did show two nice programmes of films. The first was at 11.15am and I walked into it a little late to be greeted by Arnold Schwarzenegger in T2. What a great treat that was and you will guess it made my day. Part of Key Largo was also shown in this section. The second programme of films was at 1.30pm and included some good cartoons, the Happy Feet trailer, newsreel and Golden Eye James Bond promo.

Young Bob Nicholls did a great job on the GS1200 and projection, and he is the lad who does the deed at the Derann Open Days.

The bring and buy had a small number of films on it, and the very nice hotel were offering hot food and drinks throughout the day. A few of us sloped off for our Fish & Chips at and returned to the event to look for more films.

The North West Film Fair turned out to be a good friendly event although much smaller than the Derann event which takes place at Blackpool later in the year. Once again it demonstrated the camaraderie film collectors have and it was a pleasure to share the day with like minded cine enthusiasts. Video was no where to be seen…

I was hoping to pull out the mobile phone and get a few more mobile clips for you to see, but I was so busy I only got time to snatch this quick clip with Bob at the projector. He’s a fun guy as you will see.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTt4SSHVe-M

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2007 04:13 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Bob Nichols gets everywhere. What a wonderful service he does for the hobby. Give him a medal.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Gary Constantine
Junior

- posted March 12, 2007 07:35 AM      Profile for Gary Constantine         Edit/Delete Post 
Was there a star from Star Wars there then? Think we were told there would be...and I'm not mixing this up with Derann.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2007 08:23 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary,

At the last Derann do in Blackpool last November, Kenny Baker (aka R2D2) made an appearence. Dont know about any stars at this recent non-derann film fair.

Graham

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 12, 2007 12:29 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went if that counts?

Heeeee.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 13, 2007 10:11 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear that a star is coming to the Derann Open Day in April, and I bet his name is Mr Sinden. E!

Since buying The Secret Partner I have run it 4 times now, and its due to get another screening tonight. I just love Stewart Granger in this baby and the ever sexy Haya Harareet. Dont tell the wife I said that.

Here is the poster for the movie if anyone wants to see it.
http://eu.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/12/b70-6192

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC