8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Dead Next Door

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Dead Next Door
Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2007 05:55 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, although i'm careful about possibly spending money on horror DVDs that turn out to be crap, I was in the local FYE store in the mall and spotted this great looking zombie movie that I never heard of. What really made me spend the $14.95 (along with the great cover/poster shot) was the info on the back cover stating that this film was restored from the original SUPER 8 !.... This film was shot in Ohio in 1985. What a terrific little independent homage to the horror/zombie genre! The DVD features a lot of behind the scenes stuff, and the camera work/quality are impressive. Lots of dedicated people worked on this film over a long period of time. Well worth the money! With amazing super 8mm principal photography and great gore effects. The DVD was released by Anchor Bay. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

|  IP: Logged

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2007 06:34 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah itīs an excelent cult zombie film, produced by the guys who made evil dead (sam raimi) I even read somewere that Bruce "donīt call me Ash" Cample dubbed a few voices on the film.

Did you check out the names of some of the characters, raimi, dr carpenter, dr. savini, hilarous!!

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2007 06:35 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah itīs an excelent cult zombie film, produced by the guys who made evil dead (sam raimi) I even read somewere that Bruce "donīt call me Ash" Cample dubbed a few voices on the film.

Did you check out the names of some of the characters, raimi, dr carpenter, dr. savini, hilarous!!

Matthias Reichl
Junior

- posted July 11, 2007 11:39 PM      Profile for Matthias Reichl   Email Matthias Reichl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought this film a few years ago at a local... "convention"(?). They had it on sale along with other classics like Bad Taste, Romero's XX of the Dead trilogy and lots more for 3,- each [Smile]
Although mine doesn't come with any Behind the Scenes clips. The only special features that are on the DVD are trailers for other similar movies.

--------------------
Aboard an old pirate ship made of wet souls, we plunder and pillage from north to south poles.
We only steal metal like guns, tanks and toasters, we melt it all down and make rollercoasters.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2007 08:32 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The point I wanted to make was that this is a SUPER 8mm film!...how many mainstream release (Anchor Bay or any other distributor) DVDs, regardless of genre or content, can you find in any store that were filmed in super 8mm???? [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC