8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Santas go on Strike

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Santas go on Strike
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 12, 2007 01:17 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From this mornings news. [Smile]

Taking the "ho ho ho" out of Xmas. [Roll Eyes]

There are concerns that a NZ company may try and ban santas at certain shopping malls from saying "ho ho ho".

Recruitment company Westaff has instructed its santas at Australian malls to tone down or say "ha ha ha" instead. It believes "ho ho ho" might scare children. [Roll Eyes]

Santas are now being urged to go on strike [Eek!] if the ban is imposed. It is feared the same company operating in NZ will follow suit.

Graham.

Anyone want to be a "ha ha ha" santa [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 12, 2007 02:33 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better "Ha Ha Ha" than "Heh Heh Heh!!"! (Who wants their kid sitting in that guy's lap?!)

-maybe it's not that people aren't thinking enough that's the trouble with the world today, but spending too much time thinking about the wrong things!

Was anybody complaining in the first place?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 13, 2007 12:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We live inn rediculously fearful world!

Over here in the states, there was a big problem with corporations forbidding them to say "Merry Christmas, no doubt because a few uptight atheists objected to the Christ in Christmas.

Over a major backlash from customers in general, Wal-mart and some other retailers reversed thier decision and allowed the clerks to say what they wish at Christmas.

What amazes me is when our society will choose to outlaw the good, because of a lot of bad out there.

For instance, I DO think that those playing Santa Claus need to have a background check done to make sure that they aren't pedophiles, as pedophiles DO pick positions in which they will be closer to children, as I wouldn't be comfortable with a pedophile taking my kid on his lap either.

Oh, by the way, HO HO HO!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Robert Wales
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2007 05:41 PM      Profile for Robert Wales   Email Robert Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I believe that the extreme reactions to the 'Merry Christmas' greetings from corporations were more out of genuine concern that it was non-inclusive to the variety of other religions now well-represented in most major centers, rather than any reaction to complaints from atheists. It certainly upset a lot of people unintentionally, and since religion is one of the verboeten topics on this forum I think we should just let the topic rest.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 14, 2007 10:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand Robert,

(though it's strange, people have been saying Merry Christmas for over a hundred years, and only in the last ten years or so, people have been objecting and when it comes down
to it, it is a very small portion of the public. It's always that small portion that tends to be the most vocal)

but you must admit, no matter how "sensitive" a corporation wants to be towards everyone, it really just comes down to the almighty dollar, pound or whatever your currency of choice is.

If they start to lose money, they'll prance around in sleigh bells and nothing else, happily barking "Merry Christmas" while they dance around like little idiots, just to keep your money flowing in the doors.

So, everyone have a Marry Chrissymas, A Happy harmonica and a Cwazy Kwansia!

and overdose on that politically incorrect as well as insensitivite butchery of those innocent turkeys. What did they ever do to you? Why, you son of a bi-

(The last part added by the anti-defamation against turkeys
organization!)

--------------------

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2007 07:38 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just one thing to say to all the Politically Correct Brigade out there; BOLLOCKS.

Get a bloody life. [Mad]

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 15, 2007 06:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AMEN!!

(oops, there I go with religion again, giggle!)

All kidding aside, can't we all just get along?

How perfect the whole world could be if we all just had our own little projectors, a good fresh lamp, and great film crackling through dat ole projector!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC