8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Last films released on 70mm (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Last films released on 70mm
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 03, 2012 03:15 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eberhard - many thanks for the information - how great that a film is being showcased in 70mm (and even to a lesser extent 35mm) in this day and age! In fdact there must be several 70mm prints as the list of screenings indicates that it's showing in different places on the same days.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2012 06:25 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw at "The Rumor Mill" page of in70mm.com that there were 16 70mm prints struck of "The Master." Though I find all of this quite fascinating, and would enjoy the quality of the photography, this is a movie I have zero interest in seeing. Meanwhile, "Samsara" is in wide release but does not seem to have any 70mm presentations, only 2K or 4K digital and 35mm. Too bad, 'cause I'd consider going out of my way to see it in 70.

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2012 07:51 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian and Bill,

you're right, it's not just one print. I think, in the first place I had read somewhere, that Paul Thomas Anderson intended to have just one 70mm print made for himself.
Meanwhile, the number of 16 prints in 70mm was also published in the festival brochure at the Todd-AO festival (I got one of these brochures in Karlsruhe, where I also watched some of those 70mm films in the "Schauburg". Unfortunately I had to go before the screening of "The Master").

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2012 08:40 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw The Master in 70mm at the Arclight in Hollywood and it looked fabulous.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2012 12:48 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply, Eberhard! (OK, Larry too!)

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC