8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Italian Job

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Italian Job
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 02, 2008 08:42 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

A quote from Michael Caine..5..4...3...2...1...BOOM..you were only supposed to blow the "Bloody" doors off. [Big Grin]

Well you cant get more "British" than this, and long before "Mr Bean" and his little "Mini" who can remember this film? it was made way back in "1969" the stars were not so much Michael Caine but the "Mini Coopers" the movie although very tame by todays standards is still fun to watch, its out on DVD with 5:1 sound, back in the 70s I bought my first "Mini Cooper" it went like a rocket, did some very silly things with it, [Eek!] today it would be worth a fortune, the film is certainly a 60s film, and the "Mini Coopers"...well they made history [Wink] .

Graham.

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 18, 2011 08:22 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it ever released in Super8 ?

Graham. [Smile]

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2011 01:25 AM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't think it was released on s8 but released on 16mm,some faded ones come up time to time on ebay. I don't have a cooper but I have a mini van I've restored, very fun to drive.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 19, 2011 04:37 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats great Nick, as I served my apprentship as a mechanic in the 60s to the early 70s the mini was very popular.

The Cooper I had was the 998cc, always wanted the 1275 Cooper S but never got one [Frown] I do remember once shoving it into 3rd and flooring it up to 85mph before going into top [Eek!] those were the days [Smile] The Cooper had a really nice gearbox, the engine was well balanced and with twin S.U Carburettors, as mentioned it could go like a little rocket. Only thing was rust in the rear subframe which I replaced with a new one but apart from that it was a fun car to drive

Graham.

PS I wouldn't mind another one [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC