8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Old School Projector (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Old School Projector
James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2008 10:37 PM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having grown up in California in the 70's-80's one particulary fantastic 16mm film comes to mind..... "Blood Runs Red on the Highway". A melodramatic driver's traing film that was from the 60's. All they highway signs still said 65 when the national 55 limit had been around for over a decade. I graduated High school in 1987 and pretty much everything was film. I don't recall much in the way of video except for a few 3/4" U-matic players used in the AV department. In the early 90's in Collage it had largely gone to video with a few 16mm classics thrown in. I have the same memories of Church. 16mm films and filmstrips by the dozen. I recall a middle school film day once when we watched a fantastic 16mm print of Star Wars. I'd love to be able to get a hold of that. I saw one go recently for about $800. A flat print none the less!
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC