8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Indie is better than Bond

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Indie is better than Bond
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 27, 2008 03:45 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

This is still about the new Indiana Jones. Sorry for Bond's fans, but I think Indie is better with (the latest) Bond.

Bond is now more about technology stuff so I no longer like it. Indie is back to pre-60's era where technology is still "primitive". And I am too happy to see that Spielberg and Lucas did not expose to much on CGI.

Although Harrison Ford is now old enough (if I am not mistaken he is 66 yo) but his still shows good act on running, jumping and fighting. The good thing is that Indie's face today and the last episode did not much different, so I fell comfortable with it.

I like the way of Harrison Ford smilling, it is very him!

cheers,

BTW, did Indie in your theatre look greenish in the colour tone? I did see it and I don;t know if this only happen to Indonesia's print.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 27, 2008 08:52 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been years since I saw a Bond movie, actually (missed the latest one, what was it called again?) but I have to agree 100%. Indy is pure entertainment even in his (its?) latest installment. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 27, 2008 09:23 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree Winbert,

I personally don't think of it as a British character (Bond) and an american character (Indy). I think it's just the rougish nature of Indy.

Of course, the amount of preparation with stunts and all is amazing. I really wasn't thinking that this film would even be made, as Harrison Ford is now 66, and while the heart is still there, the body ... isn't.

It was reported that Harrison was in the gym preparing for nearly a year and a half with excercise and "joint therapies" and such to get in shape, and he did look quite good.

This brings up a point that really ticks me off.

For the heck of it, I decided to look at a lot of blogs and such on the internet about this film, and it's amazing how incredibly stupid young people are, with the whole "age-centric" mentality.

Age centric?

Yes. Nearly every young person said that they wouldn't want to see this film because Harrison Ford is 66 and looks old, therefore the film must not be worth seeing because Harrison Ford is old!

Is that what passes for logic these days?

I mean, hey, when I was young, I too thought that old people just kind of square, but I didn't just write something off, because the actor was old.

They will cwertainly be missing a very good film.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 27, 2008 10:40 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are so many films with weak young actors coming out of the U.S. you would think even the young watchers would want to see more substance if you will.
I have to confess I really liked the last bond with a grittier edge and Daniel Craig really surprised me .
Of the Indie Films I like 1+3 so far but really don`t like 2 at all.
Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC