8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Britains got Talent

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Britains got Talent
Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2008 10:17 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen that dancing dog, how amazing was that (actually dances better than me [Big Grin] )

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 28, 2008 12:46 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 28, 2008 05:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes i did, brilliant, that should win the competiotion, regretfully i lost all faith in the show yesterday when as always, the kids get the cute sympathy vote over talanted acts that more than deserve it so i shall not be watching it any further, apart from that i get tired of that w****r Piers Morgan, another publicly shamed figure who appears to now be a TV celebrity. [Wink]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 28, 2008 06:58 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to be honest I lost all faith when they chose the dog over the young lad/singer. I just hope he still has a chance at making a good career etc.

But I think its not really about talent anyway is it, its just cheap trashy TV and the screens within the UK are filled with it and similar versions.

Though I will say I really like the idea of a proper variety talent show and would enjoy more actual variety filled shows on the box, the format of this one makes me cringe.

Best cynical Mark.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 28, 2008 10:05 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No way! That dog danced as if he had two left feet.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2008 01:36 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, you haven't seen me dance [Big Grin]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 29, 2008 02:38 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mar, you are right, the TV in this country is turning into a reality feast for deadhead and no hopers, sad but true. I do rarely watch much tv at all these days, when i do i prefer the TVgold channels which although repeats are at least half decent.
Always got our super 8mm to fall back on though, never tire of them.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 29, 2008 05:06 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
British TV has never been the same since they took "Dr Finlay's Casebook" of the screen, Janet could you fetch me a cuppa tea the noo, ah those were the days [Big Grin] watever happened to good ole Bruce Forsyth...he was good.

Graham. [Smile]

PS I would like to watch "The Virginian" again good westerns on TV in those days.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 29, 2008 05:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any Island that can spawn the likes of Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean)
and John Cleese, (and the other pythons!), as well as "Father Jack", is worth memory in the annals of time!

Father Jack : "Arse! Drink Drink!! Girls! Wimmens Knickers!
Feck Off!!! "

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 04:16 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I think you mean Father Ted, the funniest person in the UK at this moment in time is Peter Kay and I'm not playing games about this one. "Phoenix Nights" is already a legend in our household.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 04:43 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DR WHO and ON THE BUSES for me! when it comes to good UK TV oh and THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE and POSTMAN PAT great shows from my childhood! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 30, 2008 03:04 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats more like it, please sir / love thy neighbour / dads army, minder / sweeney / the list goes on, i think the problem today is that there is so much reality on and crap stuff at that we do tend to forget some of the better stuff,
There certainly is some pretty good programms around today but there dwarfed by the trash and just to add to it our news papers are full of the dickheads who won x factor or its giving a day to day run of the soaps or big brother etc etc.
Sad but thats todays reality (so to speak)

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2008 01:07 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom I hate reality tv shows, but Britains Got Talent is just an updated version of "Oportunity Knocks" it just shows what a freaky country we live in [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 31, 2008 06:27 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Del,

Yeah, the show is "Father Ted", but my favorite character on the show is the inebriated, skirt chasing, Father jack!!

It's kind of funny. When father Ted first came on the air, the scandals revolving around priests and , shall we say, "Altar boys" were not common place ...

But I still think it's funny when Father Jack is sleeping there, and Father Ted comments ..

" Ah Let Father Jack sleep, he's probably thinking of his great victories in the priesthood"

... and then you get to see what Father Jack is dreaming about, it's a catholic high school where the nun is stating,
"Girls, father Jack has said that you can play volleyball outside today"

(all the girls excitedly cheer)

... and since it's so hot, Father Jack says that you don't have to wear your tops!"

Cut to a shot of the sleeping father Jack with a big smile on his face, drolling uncontrollably. Hilarious!!

In another episode, He's dreaming again. In this dream you see him judging at a wet T Shirt contest. Father jack gets the mike and demands ...

" More Water! "

Cut back to a happy drooling Jack.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2008 12:44 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, Me and the wife have just had a week in not so sunny Ibiza and we met a guy there who reminded us of father Ted, he sounded just like him and had a great dry sense of humour, great bloke.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC