8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Harvey Korman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harvey Korman
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 05:30 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad to see the funniest man,the guy who carried a host of actors to comedic stardom,has died.The world is a lesser place for his loss.

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 30, 2008 08:29 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An incredible loss. He and Tim Conway toured the country with thier two man act ... I went to see them, great! I'm sure that Tim Conway, (no spring chicken himself) is mourning the loss terribly.

I pledge to hedley Lamarr

I pledge to Heddy lamarr!

That's Hedley!!!

That's Hedley!!!

(from Blazing Saddles)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 03:10 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the news today.
I have fond memories of laughing to tears watching Harvey and Tim Conway on the Carol Burnett Show.

He was one of the funniest!

Terry

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 30, 2008 08:08 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He and Tim Conway were one of the most unique duos in the history of comedy. Most teams were a straight man lobbing lines for the funny one to hit out of the park, Conway and Korman were Tim Conway doing something completely unhinged and Harvey Korman desperately, painfully trying to keep a straight face.

Tim Conway is funny, Tim Conway amplified by Harvey Korman is way too funny to watch with a beverage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9T8i4FkNVo

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2008 07:47 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link Steve, there were those tears again!(of laughter)
Terry

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 01, 2008 08:35 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of years ago I heard a commentary that cable and satellite broadcast were the death of variety shows like Carol Burnett, where we had the pleasure of watching Tim Conway torturing poor Mr. Korman with his antics all those seasons.

The commentator said "These days we have so many channels that instead of watching the dancing bear on a variety show on Saturday Night we just tune to the Dancing Bear Channel whenever we feel like it."

Is it progress or not? All I'll say about it it is I'd gladly give up the Japanese Cooking Channel, the Chess Channel and the Freaky Conspiracy Theories of Local Nut Jobs Channel (Public Access) to get back such creative and weekly fresh television.

180 channels on the box 24 hours a day and I'm watching films on a projector.

...what's wrong with this picture??

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2008 09:05 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How right you are Steve...and how sweet it was! Fortunately enterprising folk sell a multitude of "entire series" at iOffer.Take a look at the glorious Dean Martin shows and roasts that are available.Even Gleason's"The Honeymooners"if you are so inclined. Must confess I compile my own tv diet nowdays! [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 06, 2008 05:50 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
180 channels on the box 24 hours a day and I'm watching films on a projector.
...what's wrong with this picture??

Exactly! Nothing! (Except the 180 TV channels of course) [Smile]

I don't even watch my favorite TV shows on the *TV* anymore... I download them weekly over the Internet and not only enjoy digital picture and sound quality, but no commercials... it's just like having a DVR, except it's your PC acting as one. (I also have a beautiful widescreen LCD monitor now which makes things that much better.) [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2008 05:34 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did not realise I had thjis until last night when I thought some 16mm film was on the cards, I ran an 1hr long episode of THE DANNY KAYE SHOW from 1963 and HARVY KORMAN is on it, he is interviewing DANNY KAYE dressed as an old German woman who is trying to sell some facial cream to make woman look younger but it has disasterous results!
A real great laugh!
Pat [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC