8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » another cartoon question........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: another cartoon question........
Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2008 10:40 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this cartoon showed figuative phrases used literaly

the main character is talking about a girl he lost:

"she got up on her high horse! (showes the woman on a very high horse) " I couldnt touch her with a ten foot pole" (scene is obvious) she left me for a rich guy, he spent his money like water" (shows the man pouring money out of a pitcher.....) anyone know the title of this one?

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2008 03:01 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric-

I'm not sure of that one, but it sounds like it's probably a Tex Avery cartoon. He used that sort of humor alot in his cartoons.

Try the Big Cartoon Database on the web and enter "Tex Avery". You might get lucky [Smile] .

James.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 07, 2008 06:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James wins the "Kewpie doll" for being half right.

... that is, he has the right director, it is Tex Avery!

The cartoon's title is "Symphony in Slang", and was officially released by MGM on June 16, 1951, which means it was probably animated, directed and completely put together about a year before that, as MGM literally had cartoons put together and ready for release a good year before they actually saw the silver screen! This was common for most of the american cartoon studio's however.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2008 09:09 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you OSI! [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC