8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Insult to Injury ... (Osi vs. Ebay, Pt.3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Insult to Injury ... (Osi vs. Ebay, Pt.3)
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 22, 2008 11:54 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, here we go on the on-going saga with ebay.

I had already reported the problem with headers and found, at long last, that my lower form of Yahoo, does not allow the re-vealing of headers, (that is reserved, apparantly, for the advanced yahoo e-mail.), so having proper justice concerning kkgorand will not happen.

On a plus side, I have had four positive feedbacks since the two negative feedbacks. (Interestingly enough, it takes two negative feedbacks to drop you to 95 percent, but it must take a hell of a lot of positive feedbacks to bring you back up to 100 percent, as those four positive feedbacks have only raised me back up to 96.1, strange.)

and now, the insult to injury.

I reciee an e-mail from ebay saying that if my feedback ratings go any lower, than drastic measures will be taken, (selling privileges taken away ect.) It is apparently an automatically generated message, as it doesn't take into account that my rating has already raised up to 96.1 again, but it is irritating, none the less.

The battle continues. I am now seeing if I can get "mypassword"'s negative feedback stricken ..

You know then one that states ... "I did not understand the auction", and therefore, I get the negative feedback.

sheesh!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 22, 2008 01:41 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, thats the first I've heard of such an email from Ebay.
My rating went from 100% to 93% because of one neutral feedback when the new regs first came in - but, I never received any threats from Ebay. Has anybody else received such an email from them?

And, yes Osi, the ratings are pretty darn slow in creeping back up to 100%.

-Mike

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 04:19 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But surely if you've had some negative feedback, then your rating can never get back to 100%, as you will never have 100% positive feedback again???!!?

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 22, 2008 07:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Dave,

according to the way that they do feedback, your feedback can get back on top. I believe that it can take a year, actually, to get back up there. note that it lists:

negative feedback in one month
in six months
in one year.

I believe that by then, it can be back up to 100 percent, as I did have one negative feedback way back when I was down at only 100 or so feedbacks, and it did get back up to 100 percent, so it must disappear over time.

I did do one thing that helps slightly. Feedback DOES allow you to respond to a negative, and it is stated right below the negative feedback, which I did, but stupid me, I pressed some damned key on my keyboard before my sentence was done, so while I meant to write ...

"Auction stated that shipping may vary, seller was abusive and profane, beware."

All that made it was ...

"Auction stated that shipping may vry"

me own stupidity, grrrr.

At any rate, at least I got to say something.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC