8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » the wolfman(2009)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the wolfman(2009)
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2008 12:13 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello fellow members;is there anyone else looking forward to this remake of the classic 1941 movie?.The make-up job does look excellent from what ive seen.love to hear other film buffs views on this topic.Good or Bad.Andy.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 16, 2008 01:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be curious to see, but it would have to go a long ways to be better than the classic of this genre, (in my opinion), that one being "The Howling". The make-up and special effects on this film were truly outstanding. All the sequels were subpar, but "The Howling" was magnificent.

Those early versions, (the original wolfman, for instance), were okay for thier time, but the special effects just weren't there to buffer the films. You get a shot, (in most cases) of the person covering thier face and "growling" ... cut to a woman or man screaming in close-up ... cut back to the now fully transformed wolfman who looks more like a very unshaven man growling, (I have some relatives who resemble the early wolfmen ... no kidding). Either that, or they'd do a freeze-frame and dissolve slowly further transforming until he was completely wolfish. They just never did anything for me.

But "The Howling", that one did it for me ...

" Let me give you a piece of my mind. "

(and digs the bullet out of his head! Way cool!)

Lastly, I hope that this new Wolfman film won't be a major gore-fest, that always takes me out of it. I'd love to see a Wolfman film that really gets into the indivisual character of "Wolfmen", habits, quirks, even some well thought out history for them!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 16, 2008 02:48 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heard Sir Anthony is fine as always, the transformation in Meet F was very effective, Skinner's score helped, and I hope it is somewhat like this with appropriate (and not too loud) music/fanfare - No doubt the Creature remake will be all the rage, making REVENGE or other sequels relevant - See what is happening is, film-makers are repeating pure gold launching new performers, proves the time-worn works are ever-vibrant, today they ran out of plots and are apt to make thrash and slash junk - At least, with Universal Thrillers, there is a legion and newbees that will follow and ultimately rediscover what we timers all too well realize, they were the best - My nickel, Shorty

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2008 11:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,remember that THE HOWELING,had that in joke of nameing the male
charcters,G.WAGGNER,ROY WILLIAM NEIL,ERLE C. KENTON & CHARLES T. BARTON,the directors of the old Universal Wolfman movies of the 1940's.Yes even Joe Dante is a fan of those.Good movie though.Andy.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 18, 2008 11:07 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just love to see a wolfman be barking up a storm, and then yack up a hairball!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC