8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » ITS A BOY!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ITS A BOY!!!!!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 13, 2008 02:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We wish to welcome into the family of the 8mm forum, one Devin Phillip Osgood, future film addict, into the sacred brotherhood of the celluloid!

This member ... of this distinguished collective arrived at 1:33 p.m. mountian time (USA) and weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces!!

(and judging by those "rocks" on that boy, a hell of a man!! Just like his daddy!!!)

We'll be returning home on Sunday afternoon. Have to get back to the hospital!!!

CIAO!!

HOLY MARY MOTHER FU***NG GAWD!!!! I'm a daddy!!!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2008 03:17 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you both. Well done!

Now the hard work really starts - ENJOY!

Terrific!!

Best to you, Osi, your Lady wife and the Little One.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2008 03:45 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Many congratulations to you and your wife, it's always nice to welcome a new (if very junior) member on board.

All my best,

Barry.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2008 04:16 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you say he was born at 1.33:1? Assuming he has 'rounded corners' rather than square, I'd say that makes him official 'Academy ratio' as of old hollywood!

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2008 04:29 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I used to show my oldest sons films and the Star Wars film had narration on it and when the person said Far, Far away my oldest would repeat it. It was really cute. I now have another son who refers to the films as 'projector movies'.

BTW-How long was the labor? Hope you were there. I saw all 3 of my sons born.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2008 04:34 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, congradulations to you and your wife OSI!

I'm sure he'll be threading up films in no time [Wink] .

James.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2008 04:45 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many congratulations Osi to you and your wife and a long life and true happiness to Devin, your new "Projectionists' Apprentice".
May he "thread many a film" throughout his life, with "no broken sprockets" and with luck, get "spliced" only once!

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 13, 2008 05:21 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Osi and wish you and your family all the best.

Regards Graham. [Smile]

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 04:38 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Osi. All the best to you and your family.

Stewart

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 14, 2008 05:47 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to you both. Now the fun begins [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Kevan Ellis
Junior

- posted September 14, 2008 08:36 AM      Profile for Kevan Ellis   Email Kevan Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi

Congrats also from the Ellis family

Kevan

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 14, 2008 09:09 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful Osi, please though careful on the wording regards Our Lord, please

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 09:43 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Osi...

A word of warning, whenever I turn my projector on my 2 1/2 year old girl says "Daddy, stop making that terrible noise".

Unfortunately my 40-something wife says much the same, although typically peppered with colourful Anglo-Saxon expletives!!!

Anyway, you really shouldn't be posting on a forum at a time like this - go and look after your nearest and dearest, BOTH of them...

LOL Bart

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 10:11 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Osi!!!

By the way did you see that mega rare optical print of WALKING TALL
on Deranns latest list??

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 14, 2008 05:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mark

Yes I did, and I sent a post yesterday (when I wrote the "It's A Boy" post. My neighborhood isn't the best place to leave mail in the post box, un-collected, and fortunately, it's only five minutes walk from the hospital! I'm not away from the two of them long.

Yes, I saw "Walking Tall", but I doubt I'll get it, as I couldn't send the e-mail to Derann until Saturday afternoon when I ran in quick to get the mail at the homestead. If I get it, I'll be REALLY lucky, as I rarely get the ones I write about if I write right when I get the post on Friday, so, fingers crossed.

As to another question from one of our forum members ... the labor started en masse as of 6 a.m. Friday morning, but she was only dialated to 2, (those who know this kind of stuff will understand), and she needed to be at ten, so at 11:45, they started to "induce" her. They told me it would take approximately 8 hours till she would give birth.

I came back on hour later to find that the head was just starting to come out already!! From the time she started to push until the baby was fully out, was a mere six minutes!!
Even the doctor was stunned.

Lastly, no fears Joe, you'll note I wrote "Gawd" instead of God. This is because ...

1. I do have great respect for "God" himself, hence the "gawd".

2. For the sake of those who also have a fondness for God as well.

(note: The reference to "God" does not constitute an official embracing of any "God" by the 8MM Forum. Any resemblance between "Gawd" and "God" are strictly coincidental
and are the sole titles and ownership of the "Big Guy"

Hey, who says religious folks don't have a sense of humor?!)

On the chance that any others add to these two baby related posts, my heartfelt thanks to you great folks, from both I and My Wife and my Son Devin! We will make a copy on my personal files and put them in our baby book for Devin!

--------------------

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 07:40 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many congrats, Osi. Our firstborn is a boy, so I have to say I like your form! Enjoy.

I am partial to Joe's point of view, but we must be careful not to break the "religion" rule here.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 14, 2008 10:05 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Obviously Devin Phillip was in a rush to come on out and get in on the fun! The very best of wishes to the entire Osgood family.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2008 01:16 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Osi!!!

All The Best,

--Tom

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2008 08:47 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good work!! Mine is now 8 and I'm just now starting to have a little time to watch movies.... also I suddenly found myself buying Derann Disney features...and all kinds of kids movies. Even at age 3 she wanted to see "movies on the wall" as she put it. Enjoy every waking minute...and there will be MANY waking minutes over the next year or so.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 15, 2008 09:01 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Osi. Welcome to the club.
My baby girl Margaux was only 3 months old when I showed her the Derann print of Star Wars... Actually, I think she enjoyed looking at the big spools spinning on the GS1200 more than watching the film.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 15, 2008 11:05 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! One more projectionist born into the Hobby!
Let me know if you want to trade "Alladin" for "Rocky III". Better stock up on Disney! [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 17, 2008 12:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, Alan, my friend, still punchin just as hard for Rocky 3!

No chance at this time. You know, I often wonder, with a number of these films, (lik Rocky 3), just how many optical prints of these titles are in existence?

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC