8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » One Heck of a Film Equipment Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One Heck of a Film Equipment Collection
Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2008 07:16 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....talk about covering the waterfront; this Greek gentleman has a homemade museum covering every major gauge. I browsed a bit and time flew [Big Grin]

http://chpsagr.site4all.gr/

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2008 11:15 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bookmark added.

Pathescope serial number 0001?

Impressive stuff.

Erwin Geeraerts
Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2008 01:56 PM      Profile for Erwin Geeraerts   Author's Homepage   Email Erwin Geeraerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some other nice collections:

http://www.pignottimuseum.com/galleria.htm

http://www.cinemadaroca.com/

http://www.bioscope.biz/

And ofcourse my own collection [Wink]

--------------------
CINEGRAPHICA

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2008 05:16 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the man,he's committed his life in cine collecting;very respectable (&rightfully so!) back home,he opens his museum regularly for visitors,so if you ever find yourselves in Athens, well worth a visit(he's even got the local area map uploaded)!

--------------------
Yannis

Erwin Geeraerts
Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2009 04:44 PM      Profile for Erwin Geeraerts   Author's Homepage   Email Erwin Geeraerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just discovered a collector from Spain: Josep M Queraltó
He seems to have a collection of over 15000 (!!!) objects. All (pre-)cinema related.

I discovered a movie on someone's blog. I wish I could visit this collection. Where else can you touch an original Cinématographe Lumiere?

Look at the movie on the blog. It's all in Spanish, but the movie speaks for itself. The movie is at the end of the page.

http://amorpujol.blogspot.com/2008/01/mdr-1er-jueves-de-intercambio-de-eo-l.html

--------------------
CINEGRAPHICA

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2009 04:23 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually visited there a few years ago. It was all part of a coach trip out to Cim D'Aligues from Calella (spain) where we was staying, and we visited this on the way back. I could find out the exact address if you want. I think it is in Barcelona.

It was like an alladins cave in there with shelves of cine and moving pictures equipment, on several floors as well. Not very much in the way of super 8 but loads of 9.5, early 16mm, 35mm, stuff like that. But there was also 4mm and 22mm plus many other rare guages. Everything in the development of moving pictures he had it. There was about 5000 pieces there. You could stay there for hours.

He didnt mind you taking pictures or video inside and he also gave out his free 15min DVD that he had made about the collection (with versions in spanish, french, english). The DVD also mentioned that he had about another 10,000 pieces stored elsewhere!

Graham S

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2009 08:40 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know jose maria queralto,is a friend of mine and a great cine business man,he is the owner of the cine company SUMINISTROS KELONIK who represents the 35mm projectors victoria 5 cinemeccanica for europe,also have the rigths to represent christie in europe and osram lamps,ushio,christie and cinemecanicca digital projector etc,almost the 60 per cent of theaters in europe uses projectors from cinemeccanica represented by his company,they ussually replace the original lamphouse of the victorias cinemeccanica for the brand galaxy lamphouses who kelonik manufactures,also almost all the teathers in spain have the complete instalation of electricals,screens,projectors and seat made by his company.He is a cinema machine lover and a great film collector too,he have one of the most important 35 and 16mm film collection of europe.

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC