8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » BFCC Ealing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BFCC Ealing
Brian James
Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2008 08:02 AM      Profile for Brian James     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
if you are going to Ealing perhaps we all can meet together?
Regards, Brian

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2008 05:11 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian,
The forum members usually meet by the projectors at the back of the hall during the lunch break.
regards,
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2008 03:07 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The programme is up on the 'Next Event' page of www.bfcc.biz so whenever the lunch break is scheduled will be the time for the Forum gathering.

The last film show of the day is likely to be the Universal 8 400ft 'The Sting' but this is still to be finalized.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Brian James
Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2008 11:35 AM      Profile for Brian James     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mal and John thanks that for the info, see you there.
Regards Brian.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2008 02:48 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're coming from Spain Brian?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Brian James
Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2008 08:20 AM      Profile for Brian James     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes John,
from Malaga to Southampton on Friday, overnight in Portsmouth and then up Ealing Saturday morning. Shall be looking for the bargains!
Regards Brian

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2008 01:08 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To quote Babe Hardy in 'Way Out West'
"That's what I call determination"
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2008 02:36 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well guys, there will also be at least 3 people from Italy!

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2008 04:13 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else coming in fancy dress? I have hired a R2D2 outfit and my friend is coming as Darth Vader. I hope getting upstairs at Ealing Town Hall won't be too difficult! I am also hoping to bring my pedestal 35 mm projector in my rucksack.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 03:29 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be coming as Keith Wilton and Keith Wilton will be coming as John Clancy.

Fabrizio, you and the chaps make sure you're in the projection area at lunchtime to meet everyone.

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 06:06 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm correct there are also two persons coming from Athens, Greece [Wink] ?

--------------------
Yannis

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 06:16 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and at least one form Worthing [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 01:57 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, two persons from Athens will be there.We are always camping behind Buckingham's table.Tony is a great friend (and lets us leave our bags and coats there !)

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2008 02:58 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone coming from Antarctica?

Well, they're coming from everywhere else. Even one of the chaps is popping down from the International Space Station for the day. [Wink]

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2008 03:15 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been thinking of a holiday in the Uk for a while now (I am a big DR WHO fan so I want to come up and buy up large on Dalek toys my fav! [Big Grin] )
I was wanting to come maybe next year so if there is room for a New Zealander in the projection room area?? [Wink]
any prize for the person who travels the greatest distance to get the BFCC???? [Big Grin] I think i would qualify!
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2008 02:46 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For you Pat, I think we'd make a prize!

To anyone that has been thinking of coming to a convention, any convention, in the UK my advice is don't wait too long just in case. The BFCC is booked for next May but until we find out exactly what is going on at the Ealing Town Hall we're against booking an October date. A change of venue as I've previously advised is on the cards.

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2008 11:16 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a seperate question, Is the credit crunch going to affect your purcheses. For myself I have decided to go by Train rather than Car to save money, and I will also have to cut down on spending there as well with a mortgage to pay. I hope I dont get too temted (probably will though). Its not unusual in the past to come away spending £300 on films but not this year.

What about you lot?

Graham S

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2008 02:19 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I think we've all said something similar, but how many can truthfully say they will walk away from their "Bargain" find? [Wink]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 14, 2008 03:28 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Halas, without me (again). I finish work on the 28th. Darn. Have fun.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC