8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » To all Independent 8 customers, there may be a delay with new listings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To all Independent 8 customers, there may be a delay with new listings
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 09:31 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very sad to inform you that my world has been rocked today with the sad loss of my marvelous Mother, who died in Hospital this morning. I know many of you know what I'm going through at the moment, but as I was her official carer, and I ran Independent 8 as a sideline, you can imagine what it must feel like to me, as I was with her nearly 24/7.

Those of you who visited me at home, or spoke to Mum on the phone will know that she was a lovely kind hearted woman, who gave this world four very proud sons. I will miss her tremendously, as my days were based around her care and well being. I am proud to have done what I did, but the loss is great.

Therefore I am letting you know that new lists may be delayed beyond the November date I set, although I will do my best.

R.I.P. My Lovely Mum

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 10, 2008 09:52 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, So sorry to hear of your loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
I'm fortunate that my mum is still with us but I know what your feeling as I lost my Dad about 5yrs a go.

I'm sure your lists are the last thing on your mind at the moment so I'm sure no one will mind not seeing them for a while. They are not as important as dealing with the loss of your mother.

One again sorry to hear that news, Kevin.

[ October 13, 2008, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 10, 2008 11:54 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry

I send my sincere condolences to you and Michael over your very sad loss.

Maurice Leakey

--------------------
Maurice

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 11:59 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,Very sorry to hear your sad news,please accept my sincere condolences and pass them on to the rest of the family.

Regards Mark W

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 10, 2008 12:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

My deepest sympathies. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted October 10, 2008 12:04 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,
My wishes go out to you as well. My mother passed away last year due to prolonged illness so I do know how you feel.
Take care of yourself.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 12:40 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Chip Gelmini from the USA

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 10, 2008 01:04 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my sincere condolences to you Barry, i'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

Tom.

Gordon Hunter
Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 05:46 PM      Profile for Gordon Hunter   Email Gordon Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best wishes and condolences to you Barry on the loss of your mother.
Gordon Hunter, Motherwell

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 10, 2008 05:54 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts are with you and the family Barry. Take Care.

Best wishes Mark.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 06:10 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,
I can only echo the above sentiments.
Sorry to learn of such sad news
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 06:35 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

All the best from me, and my condolences on your loss.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 10, 2008 06:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

I remember when I lost all three Grandparents in the three week period, it was devastating, as I was close to all of them. I still have my parents, yet I know it's only a matter of time as well.

You have my sincere condolences and the film list can, of course, wait. First things first, and that is, of course, your Mom and family.

Take care,

OSI, Stephanie and Devin Osgood

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevan Ellis
Junior

- posted October 10, 2008 07:02 PM      Profile for Kevan Ellis   Email Kevan Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry
I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kevan

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2008 05:05 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your kind words of support, it is much appreciated at this very sad time. Mum was always interested in what I was doing with 8mm, and we often talked about ways of keeping the interest alive. She came to know quite a few of you over the years, in one way or another, either over the phone or in person when collectors visited me at home.

I must admit I am struggling quite a bit at the moment, but it is early days.

Thank you all once again, you know who your friends are at a time like this.

Barry.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2008 10:05 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry, just returned from holiday and have just noticed your very sad loss. Please accept my deepest sympathy.
I cannot add more than has already been said by fellow forum members. All I will say is, that time is a great healer and good memories are a wonderful support. Take hold of both and you will come through it.
Take care my friend.
Hope to see you at Blackpool in November.

Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2008 10:33 AM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, My sincere condolences at your great loss. Time is a healer, but the loss always hurts. My loss has hurt since 1977.
May flights of angels sing her to her rest.
Frank

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2008 12:41 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith,

Yes I still hope to be at Blackpool, I definately will need some relaxation after this next week is over, but I doubt very much if I will be up to going to Ealing this weekend, but you never know!

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2008 01:10 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry, good news about Blackpool - hope you do make it. With regards to Ealing, whatever you choose to do, will be the right thing.
You can rest assured, that if you don't make it, then all of us attending will be thinking of you and wishing you well.
Keep your chin up, pal.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 12, 2008 11:32 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, my deepest condolence from Indonesia

regards,

--------------------
Winbert

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2008 03:32 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Barry

The whole of the Derann team also wish to echo previous
sentiments. Be strong, my friend. See you soon

Gary Brocklehurst

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2008 05:10 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, my condolences goes out to you. My mom gave me a wonderful childhood.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2008 05:17 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

Very sad news and my thoughts are with you and your family. To have given so much care for so long makes you a very special person.

--------------------
Tony

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2008 02:20 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday was one of the saddest days of my life, I said goodbye to my wonderful Mother. The ceremony was a small intimate affair, as she wanted, just family and close friends. But I'm writing this little message as a way of thanking everyone who has sent cards and messages in this my darkest days, and Mum would be thanking you if she could for helping me.

I'm giving myself a few days of R&R and then I plan to plough myself into my work, and aim for a new listings straight after coming back from Blackpool. This is the plan at the moment, but again it might have to be a bit flexible, as I have so many new titles to look at (around 200-250), but these will have to be gradually added to the next few lists.

Anyway I thought I would update everyone.

Barry.

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2008 01:28 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,

All my condoleance to you and your family.

Losing his mom is a very painfull experience. But with the time, the good souvenirs will be preserved in the deep of your hard.

Kind regards,

Jean-Christophe.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC