8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Cinema Ghosts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinema Ghosts
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 10, 2008 03:58 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday morning I was told by our new 15 year old projectionist that late the previous night when he was working on his own in the projection room that he saw a ghost [Eek!] next to the cinema one projector "the simplex" I joked it of saying that it was probably just a past projectionist paying us a visit, and told him not to tell his mum " [Wink] I dont want to loose a good projectionist" however, putting the kidding aside, I started thinking that the same thing did happen to me late one night a few years ago when I opened the door to enter the projection room and for a few seconds I saw what I thought was a ghost only a few feet away [Eek!] it put a shiver through my spine. The next day I mentioned this to the cinema manager and she mentioned a similar experience cashing up downstairs on her own late one night "she was not joking" It was not until today that I realized that I dont think I had ever mentioned any of this past to our new projectionst "makes one think" has anyone else come across strange happenings late at night in a cinema ? [Roll Eyes]

Graham.

|  IP: Logged

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 04:41 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all an illusion Graham-like the movies! [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 04:43 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all an illusion Graham-like the movies! [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 05:36 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a theory about magnetic fields causing the brain to see shadows and ghostly illusions so no doubt it's possible around a lot of machinery.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2008 07:45 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham
I never saw a ghost while I was operating there,but there is aparently a ghost here at the Regent, I have never seen it but I remember the local paper doing an article on it saying it lurks beneth the stage and up in the fly tower.
Pat
[Smile]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 11, 2008 12:49 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pat
Both myself and Maria who was the manager back then did experience this phenomenon, it was before your time so its possible the ghost has been on holiday for a while, however I am thinking its also likely that young Chris [Roll Eyes] has heard this story from somewhere, so he might be having me on just a little bit, as he is coming in after school on monday night I will have to interrogate him, [Big Grin] however if I return to work on monday and find the platters have moved overnight and I hear a voice......were..here...... coming out of the sound system [Eek!] then I am off on a long holiday.

Graham. [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 11, 2008 08:47 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great story for Halloween Graham! Well I have never thought that projection booths could be creepy places to work, but I can now appreciate that they could. Are you sure it was'nt Rex Harrison? [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 11, 2008 12:04 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or possibly Peter Sellers, reprising his projectionist role from "The Smallest Show On Earth".

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2008 08:31 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Old projectionists should definitely lay off the beans or eggs before a show. This will prevent trouser ghosts this time of year. [Big Grin]

Stuart Fyvie
Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2008 01:18 PM      Profile for Stuart Fyvie   Email Stuart Fyvie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Old projectionists never die , they just change over.....

Stuart

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 24, 2008 06:16 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...just thought I would let you know that after checking out our latest ghost sighting that a certain young projectionist saw a few weeks ago, that in fact when I asked him to describe it went [Roll Eyes] [Smile] ... looks like I have been had,.. fallen for it big time [Roll Eyes] the latest trick in the projection room, is now sneaking up on the old projectionist..thats me..and getting the ..BOO.. treatment, well I will be taking some holidays very soon and if the real... GHOST [Eek!] .. which I still believe there is one does appear.. junior.. will have to deal with it and call in these guys.
 -
the experts. [Wink]

PS If I ever get a photo of the ..real one.. I will post it on the forum anyone else with strange happenings from the projection room.

Graham. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC