8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Chris Quinn. Returns! Oh Dear

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chris Quinn. Returns! Oh Dear
Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2008 09:40 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m sat at my computer; I am wondering what to write in my returning post. Yes I have been here before and for those of you that remember it was as Chris Quinn. Unfortunately a series of mistakes and unwittingly changing my email on the forum to an erroneous one, (I had a reason) and soon after losing my password, it all together made it impossible to post.

To a point I then lost interest as other things started to take over, working hours being one and other commitments etc, plus a dabble in video started over a bowl of soup. (lightwater Joke) I won’t bore you all too much. Anyway I’m back and hopefully will stay true to my only real hobby, film, and the one I have over the years enjoyed. It was a mistake to leave but there you go.

Back to basics again, and it will take a while to get to where I was, but I hope to have a little fun doing that. I have now a Grandson who I’m sure he will enjoy the fun of real film, tram lines and all, although he is more interested in the spinning wheels at this time, being only two years old.

I have an idea for creating a Garden set up, difficult with the British weather, but a challenge none the less and as I’m starting over again, it will be exciting journey as I go back to searching and trying to replace equipment along with films and with a severe handicap, a small budget! I will be at the BFCC, I have made visits still, but will definitely be there this Saturday, and looking forward to seeing old friends.

Anyway good to be back and will post again soon.

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 13, 2008 09:48 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I remember you, but welcome back, fellow forum member!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2008 03:48 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Chris:

The Lightwater 6 will ride again!! [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2008 05:18 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeeeeeeeee Haawwwwwwww [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 14, 2008 12:15 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to welcome Tony to the forum. [Big Grin]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 14, 2008 01:06 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Chris.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2008 03:04 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terrrrrrrrific! And looking forward to seeing you and everyone else on Saturday.

It's still not too late to get on a flight Yankees!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 14, 2008 04:30 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Chris!

About your situation, Kev or Doug, can't Chris retrieve his old password rather than setting up a new account?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 14, 2008 07:38 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, for security reasons the password can only be emailed to the email address set up against that user. I did look into this for Chris but he changed his email address which is what causes the problems.

Anyway it's good to see Chris back amongst us once more and I'm sure like last time we will hear plenty from him.
Lets hope we can find him a decent ST1200HD or GS1200 at the BFCC on Sat.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2008 09:01 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Big thanks to everyone.

Osi I remember you, can’t forget a big contributor like yourself.

I will be saddling up Mike. Thanks for your recent help Tony on the emails and the hunt. I have big hopes for the dodgy one.

Jean, will you be at the BFCC?

John, looking forward to the BFCC, but I have been present in spirit, when not been able to make it. Although I did still make an odd visit, it hasn’t been that long I hope.

Hi Winbert, What Kev say's is true; we have done all that is possible, but to no avail. That’s why I re-registered; it was the only way in the end. Unless Brad you are reading this and can still help. [Smile]

Hi Kev, Find me a bargain at the BFCC and I’ll be a happy pig, although I may have an ST by then.

Really appreciate the welcome back guy’s,

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2008 10:50 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...although he is more interested in the spinning wheels at this time, being only two years old.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who from a young age remembers the spinning of reels! Get 'em hooked early!

Great to make your acquaintance, Chris.

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2008 11:16 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill,

I'll try, although kids these days.......

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2008 05:40 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, well, well look what the cats brought home! Mr P Quinn himself [Big Grin]

Welcome back buddy it's been a long time. email me about picking you up on Saturday for the BFCC, should be a good day now the magnificent seven ride again.

Tony, is the yeeeeee Haaawwwwwww because Chris is back or that the stock market has bounced back a little.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2008 04:57 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan

you naughty naughty chap [Roll Eyes]

I still keep an eye on the forum but you don't need me making so much noise now that there are so many active members

Craig, I bought Bradford and Bingley.....enough said......

--------------------
Tony

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 15, 2008 06:56 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks , Tony, I needed that [Big Grin] . You are perpetually welcomed.

Chris is too! [Wink] Now that I have worn out my welcome, it's back to the my room. [Big Grin]

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2008 09:57 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig, Tony, Dan, Cheers Guy's.

Tony as you are now my new bank manager, how about a little loan to help me invest in a GS1200. I'm sure you will appreciate the stereo sound investment and will be more than happy to reel of some dosh this way. [Big Grin]

Craig, Cheers for the lift again. I'll email.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2008 01:54 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I will be happy to lend the money to you. No interest rate and never a need to repay the money.....

So, will the recession hit the old cine prices? Will Grandpa Ian face a distressed sale of his assets? What will go first, the wife or the dog? Will he be reduced to eating his stock tucked away with the one bar electric fire in the secure air conditioned shed? Or wil he just eat the dog.....or the wife and save the cine film?

What will become of us all? WIth petrol falling below £1 a litre I am rushing around emptying all my super 8 and 16mm film cans so I can max out on unleaded...

Its a mad mad mad mad world. Hic.

[Confused]

--------------------
Tony

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 20, 2008 06:57 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow....Chris Quinn and Michael De Angelis are back....Tony is posting again.....all is right with the world. The 8mm world, that is.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 23, 2008 04:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Spot on Doug. It feels like the old days again [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2008 05:21 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It won't last [Wink]

So now the greenback has found some traction when are you coming over Doug? We even have a spar room you can use [Smile]

--------------------
Tony

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2008 10:33 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not quite Doug, we still need a UK based forum to be set up so we can have a new war of the forums. Then it will be like old times.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Chris, I will be happy to lend the money to you. No interest rate and never a need to repay the money.....
Tony, Nicked Carry on up the Jungle from the stand at the BFCC, apparently it was Kev's, so need to pay him and i want 1600 for a project. Cheers mate. [Big Grin]

Oh, and her indoors wants a new bathroom suit.

[Wink]

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2008 10:39 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I thought it was customary to be in your "Birthday Suit" when in the bathroom and a "3 piece suit" when in the lounge. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2008 08:26 PM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite right mate, quite right.
[Wink]

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC