8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Two Pixar Shorts to see -

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two Pixar Shorts to see -
Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2008 02:24 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen the two shorts from Pixar that are on the "Wall-E" DVD - "Burn-E" and "Presto"?

"Burn-E" is a tale about a maintenance robot, that takes place during the actual story of Wall-E but is not visable in the "main" film.

"Presto" is an hilarious tale (with the emphasis upon the "Hare") of a Magician and his pet. Both would make excellent releases on Super 8 (are you listening "Distributors"?)Also the "pixar Story" on Disc 2 is worth a viewing.

Excellent "Value for Money" those Pixar releases.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2008 02:37 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see these 2 shorts.

But perhaps did Derann release them in super 8!

That would me great!

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2008 02:48 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Christophe - if the "distributors" could obtain "source material", I'm sure they would. As proven in the past these "shorts" do sell. Here's hoping??

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Chip Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2008 05:50 PM      Profile for Chip Carpenter   Email Chip Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the magician short in the theatre when I took my daughter to Wall-E. It is very, very funny.

I was in Best Buy the other day and saw a DVD of just Pixar Shorts - almost bought it, but showed self restraint (unusual for me) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo ST-1200HD M with the Elmo 1.1 Lens and a Chinon 2500GL

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 02, 2008 01:22 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with Presto (and Lifted, which was opening for Ratatouille) is that they are pillarboxed ie - they are flat films squeezed on a scope print. You still need an anamorphic lens to project them at the proper ratio, unless they are "unsqueezed" through an optical printer at the lab if they are to be transfered to super 8. Both shorts were discussed here when they were released theatrically.

Burn-E is a different story, it's a straight-to-video release so it is unlikely (although not impossible) that there is any source material. And, although it's quite funny as a stand-alone short, you really need to have seen Wall-E to really appreciate it.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2008 09:06 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking of making the same comment about Presto. This is not only a funny short but also a really beautiful looking CGI. Opens like an old style Disney short, and has the feel of one throughout. I have the Wall-E BD and it looks amazing. But I just love Presto. If it could be release as a super 8 short could be a great seller.

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC