8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » TOAC2001 says goodbye ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TOAC2001 says goodbye ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 03, 2009 05:45 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having listed my last run of ebay auctions, I have decided to bid ebay a fond adieu. This isn't due to any problems with ebay per se, but my desire to start to bring my collecting days to a close.

Either I find myself bidding on things I really don't want or realizing that ... sheesh! I already have way too many films as it is, and while it can be argued that you can never have too many films, I need to call it quits.

Don't worry, however, I am in no way leaving Super 8 behind! I just have everything I have wanted on Super 8, (minus this or that odd title that I will continue to look for.

As I stated in my auctions, I also say to you folks. Through ebay, I have gotten to know quite a few of you on this forum, and my life is far better for knowing all you guys!

Cheers!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2009 07:51 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll be back... EBay is the one mistress you can never get rid of. It's like FATAL ATTRACTION...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 03, 2009 10:26 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, forum rules say that you should not say you are leaving, but rather that you just stop posting. In the future you can always return. Kind of like that fellow, what was his name?, Jan something. [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 04, 2009 12:04 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No no, you are mistaken, Dan. I'm not leaving the forum for a day, I'm just leaving off my ebay account and selling on it, after this run of auctions, that's all.

The mighty "jokester" is alive and well on the forum ...

(I wonder if at least one forum member out there is saying .... aww, damn!)

Hardy haha!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2009 12:35 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm saying "aww damn" but only because I posted a question for Dan and never got a response [Confused] so I'll try here.....Dan do you remember what episode of "pearl of the Army" you just sold? Was it the Silent Menace? I am just curious if there are other ones out there,..

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 04, 2009 10:45 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, you're not leaving? The title for this post was a bit misleaving. [Big Grin]

Dino, sorry I didn't answer sooner. Yes it was chapter 10 "Return Of The Silent Menace".

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 04, 2009 12:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Naw....no such luck! [Razz]

Can Osi really resist the siren song of eBay?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 04, 2009 02:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe me Douglas ... I'm reely going to try!

It's all about discipline!

Osi likes his discipline!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 04, 2009 03:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stick around, Osi - I'm the one who should be bowing out soon enough, as I'm on the way to the finish line (Then, are we really finished? [Smile] - Shorty

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2009 07:08 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a finishing line?...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 04, 2009 07:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe ...

It is possible that you might be at the finish ...

... but your probably just Norweigen.

(I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot ... you guessed it ... Pole!)

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 05, 2009 07:13 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Arkin said it in 'Russians' We are of course, Norweegians

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 05, 2009 03:33 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Is 'egermency': everyvon is getting from streets!"

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 06, 2009 06:12 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No time for stupid tricks. Everyone stay real quiet, YES? -

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 06, 2009 04:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just letting folks know, I listed one more print on this last weeks items, "North By Northwest". It's the 400ft digest and it has flawless unfaded color, so, if anyone is interested, check out these last auctions.

sincerely

OSI

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 07, 2009 12:00 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are Osi's items

Those from UK or German don't try to find from your local website, because the items can be seen only from US site (at least what i got now)

BTW, you did make a note of your signing off from Ebay in your list. But do you know Osi, that after 1 year passed, your 95.5% feedback will return to 100% with this new Ebay's regulations?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 07, 2009 10:19 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link Winbert!

No, I didn't know that about the ratings thing, but I really feel that, except for certain titles, I really have everything I need or want.

In fact I have too many, but I think I'll keep a bunch of these unsellable ones I don't need, and give them to me little Devin when he's old enough. I already see him eyeing my projectors even now!

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 07:53 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Osi, I see you're back on eBay! Well, it is hard to resist... you lasted almost four months! So much for discipline [Big Grin]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 19, 2009 09:11 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I thought I did pretty good too. [Big Grin]

And you'll notice, when I list an item, (that STAR WARS 400ft), I list the item ACCURATELY. I'll just be happy if it gets that one bid of 9.95. It's certainly worth that.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC