8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 57th BFCC - MAY 16th (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 57th BFCC - MAY 16th
David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2009 06:55 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, who's coming/going to this 'shindig'?

I'm pulling out all the stops to be there myself, as I couldn't make last October's event, and I hear, sadly, that the numbers were down a bit.

Let's all try to rally round this time and give Keith all the support he deserves.

Cheers!

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

|  IP: Logged

John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2009 03:36 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes david its only twice a year
and ian of perrys movies will be there
as he didnt make it last october due to
back injury quote:theatre is live film
is art television is furniture.JE.(eddie) [Smile]

[ April 11, 2009, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: John Edwards ]

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2009 03:46 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there! In fact, I ran one of the 35mm programmes last night just to check it in preparation. I have some work to do on the Elmo but hope to get that sorted in the next couple of days... yes, it's all expense for the twice yearly event but hopefully it's kept the hobby going for longer than it otherwise would have done.

By the way, Classic seem to be putting out a raft of new releases lately so the new releases show should be interesting.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2009 06:45 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And here's a list,some great tiles here..

THE FOLLOWING NEW RELEASES ARE AVAILABLE

PATHE NEWS - THE DAVE CLARK FIVE COLOUR NEWSREEL OF 60'S POP MUSIC £35
DRACULA(1958) ORIGINAL HAMMER HORROR TRAILER FROM A NEW 35MM MASTER - THE USA TITLE OF THIS WAS HORROR OF DRACULA £20
CORN CHIPS HIARIOUS CHIP AND DALE PLAGUE DONALD WITH EXPLOSIVE POPCORN !£29.99
BUMBLE BOOGIE - CLIP FROM MELODY TIME £27.99
THE MAGIC UMBRELLA AWARD WINNING CZECH CARTOON 400 FULL REEL
A NEW ITALIAN CARTOON - CALL FOR DETAILS
INDIANA JONES 4 SCOPE TRAILER - CALL

AND SOON

A HARD DAYS NIOGHT EXTRA LONG B/W TRAILER

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2009 10:32 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got in quick last year and booked a days holiday as soon as I found out the date! looking forward to another great day.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2009 08:00 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in too [Smile]
Are we having a meeting as usual @1 or 2 o'clock in the show room?

--------------------
Yannis

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2009 02:14 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe a reel of Star Wars 6 is also available for a screening.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2009 07:07 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add, at least three more members of the "Greek Mafia",myself included of course. [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2009 12:36 PM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shall be there too of course, looking forward to seeing how Keith has edited the 3d footage I shot in Blackpool.

Tiv

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2009 05:21 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be waiting for you Takh [Big Grin]

--------------------
Yannis

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2009 08:13 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was planning to attend but the hurricane problem we had here in Galveston, Texas has postponed my trip.

My business is doing fine and I am putting money aside for the next one. I will attend the one in 2010. I already have planned where I am going to stay in London. I plan to make a 10 day vacation of it.

Hope that some of my American friends will be there as well. This will be my first trip to the U.K. and I hope will be the first of several.

Regards.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 22, 2009 10:25 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, after missing both 2008 editions, I'll be back in Ealing in May...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 22, 2009 04:18 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I also plan on being there. Lets hope Clancy gets that burning torch of his sorted before the day.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2009 05:19 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..... And I shall also grace the event with my presence (if anyone notices!) Hope some of you will spot me and say 'hello'.
Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2009 08:00 PM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, i see no reason not to be there as of yet, but my job is a little rickety at the moment [Frown] so can't promise, but will do my up most. [Wink]

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2009 12:21 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping to make it as well,i've got the day booked in the diary and not long now....Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Christopher Gillan
Junior

- posted April 26, 2009 03:52 PM      Profile for Christopher Gillan   Email Christopher Gillan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyone from Devon that is thinking of going to Ealing
that would like to share the trip let me know.

Thanks

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2009 12:43 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will also be there as always. But I have just heard that all the dealers stalls will all be in the main hall where the refreshments are (no bring and buy room). Mr Clancy can you confirm this?

Graham S

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 02, 2009 01:06 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there going to be less dealers than usual?

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 03:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The dealers will be in the restaurant. Not sure if we will be one or two dealers down but hopefully not. What happened was hardly anyone returned their booking forms in the usual timeframe and given that costs are always increasing and it is to the benefit of the hobby to keep the BFCC going as long as possible we decided the best solution was to lose the Liz Cantell room on this occasion.

A major benefit of this will be that it will be harder for all the people who don't pay to come in to do so again.

Should be a cracking atmosphere with the changes for this one. And it means that once you're in the dealer room the back staircase is the way up into the cinema so we'll be completely self-contained. Keith has some cracking shows lined up including all the other UK film collector conventions in 3D so don't miss it.

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 05:29 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree the atmosphere should still be good and I am very much looking forward to the whole day. I think we should all give Keith and the team all the support we can to keep the BFCC going.

On the minus side, I did hear that Ken Mayes will not be there but it will still be a fantastic day out so dont miss it!

Graham S

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 03, 2009 01:43 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do we have a Bring & Buy stall this time?

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2009 04:03 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there will still be a bring and buy... and the dealer room on the whole should be thronging with activity - something we've been a bit lacking in recent years.

--------------------

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2009 04:03 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may be in London next weekend - if so, I'll be there... Would love to meet some of the UK guys I've been buying and selling films from/to over the years.

Can someone email me a link to the location/directions on how to get there? steven (at) 16mm-films (dot) net.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2009 03:51 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Email sent. Let me know if it doesn't arrive Steven.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC