8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Hi, I'm the Doctor...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi, I'm the Doctor...
Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 02, 2009 09:12 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Doctor who?" - "Just the Doctor"

*snickers* Just a little hint at one of my favorite TV series - oh, sorry, British folks, I meant TV *shows* of course (since a series to you guys is a season to the US folks) [Razz]

Anyway... yeah... I just thought I'd peek back in and let you all know I'm alive (though I'm not sure that counts as much these days)... I'm stuck in Germany for good and will lose my US green card [Frown] on the plus side, I'm waiting to get surgery and brandnew hearing aids (BAHA = bone-anchored hearing aids, no more plugged ears w0000t) and all my stuff is being shipped from the USA here (my parents' house in Bremen)...so I'll soon be reunited with all my CDs, tapes, books, projectors, films, DVDs, clothes, furniture, my spare PC and the stereo and so on.
Speaking of projectors, had to leave them all behind, I'll only have my modified Elmo ST-1200HD now plus the working Sankyo Stereo-800. Pity about the Bauer T450 [Roll Eyes]
I'll also no longer have spare parts or for-parts units... also all gone. Another pity [Frown] but such is life. What else? Slowly trying to recover emotionally from all the huge losses I've suffered since 2007, this coming Monday I'll meet a psychiatrist and hopefully start some new and better medication. o_O (I'm not currently working but I do get unemployment from the state... German medical insurance is bloody brilliant btw! Nothing like the #@$% so-called healthcare in the USA)...

I'm rambling LOL so I'll stop for now... just wanted to wave at y'all! Oh... and thanks to Osi and Steve Klare for emailing me months ago... sorry, I just never took the time to reply to you guys personally, but know that I got your emails and appreciated them. *non-gay hugs* [Big Grin]

In case anyone else wants/needs to email me:
ronniebun (at) gmail (dot) com

- Jan ^_^

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 02, 2009 10:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JAN!!!

You seven times a son of a gun! GREAT to hear from you! Hope to hear more from you in the near future!

(and your a lot closer to one of the last hubs for new super 8 prints in the world, Germany, that is!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 02, 2009 01:40 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doctor Jan,

Terrific to hear from you! Best of luck with everything and please keep posting.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2009 02:51 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jan

Welcome back I think of you often....and as Doug says please keep posting.....

get well soon

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2009 03:27 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Jan, I have a spare ST1200D I use for parts,let me know if you need any for that ST1200HD, my ST800 is still going strong thanks to you! Take Care [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2009 03:42 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan, indeed, great to hear from you back!

Germany is not far from Belgium.

So, if you come in this land, you're welcome home.

Regards,

JC.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 02, 2009 05:25 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
In Germany now...not so far to come to a BFCC [Wink]

Great to hear from you again and please drop in more regularly.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2009 05:48 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking about you the other day and glad you are OK. I sympathize with your situation. My struggles were both personal and work. And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse I got into a horrible traffic accident, but I'm still here. I survived and so will you.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 02, 2009 06:09 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
German medical insurance is bloody brilliant btw! Nothing like the #@$% so-called healthcare in the USA)

Is this allowed on the forum?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 02, 2009 11:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Calling Dr. Bister ... for a blister!
Calling doctor Lail ... for one impaled!
Calling Dr. Osgood ... for a problem with wood!

(The patient was rather stiff!)
(send him to the morgue!)

Calling Dr. Ashfield ... for someone "awww-natural"

("Why do I always get the weird one?!" states the Keith)

and, of course, we need the most professional, the most reliable doctors on this planet ...

" Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard! "

--------------------

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2009 04:00 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Jan and all the best with your treatment.

The UK NHS (and European social medicine in general) might not be as thorough in some ways as that in the US (I speak as someone who's used both), but if I'd had my recent car crash in the US I'd be bankrupt now! In the past three weeks I was helicoptered from the crash to hospital then flown from the original hospital to one nearer my home; all at no direct cost.

Disclaimer: the above is an opinion and not politics; as far as any opinion can be non-political [Smile]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 04, 2009 08:46 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Doctor, it's fantastic to see you back. I thought you had been exterminated... [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 04, 2009 11:41 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
German medical insurance is bloody brilliant btw! Nothing like the #@$% so-called healthcare in the USA)...
There is no Healthcare System in the US, it is private. When a Healthcare system is funded by a government using taxpayer money, then it becomes a political issue!

I believe the rule is no discussion of politics, this would include opinions I believe.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 04, 2009 11:45 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Politics ...

That which Pall bearers engage in discussion in between this and that casket! [Big Grin]

Politics ...

Those specific breed of ticks that particularly likes to suck on Pall bearers as they discuss in-between carrying out caskets! [Razz]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC